 General / 46831
Re: Hoping for advice... Best way to get parts? Other "Builder AFOLs?"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.inst
Date:
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 19:43:28 GMT

I like to build from instructions, too. Either instructions of released sets,
ideabooks published by Lego or 'third party' instructions.

If I don't have specific parts in particular color, I try to build the model
using a different colorscheme. (I do have a bunch of those windows in red, not
in yellow). Even change other colors so the total model will have a good
selection of colors that match. (As an example, I build set 147
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/147 in yellow, because I have those doors in yellow
and not in white. For the small windows I used red to contrast with the yellow
car).
If I don't have specific parts, not even in other colors, I try find other part
that I can use instead. Or change the model a bit to fit other parts I do have.
Sometimes I change a model I build from instructions a little, like adding
buffers to pre-1974 train models.

Niels