 CAD / 10916
Re: Newbie question on printing b/w and colour hints
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 03:22:28 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Ahui Herrera wrote:

Larry P or Steve B. you boys have probably the most experience with printing out instructions. Your thoughts on the matter?

I print in B&W and also in color, but charge extra for color. I tend to make my models in only a few colors (no more than 3-4 main colors at most) so the various grays are distinguishable, especially since I use subassemblies, and I describe the scheme of each subassembly separately in the intro, and often pack the parts for each sub separately.

I think those things, taken together, help a lot. I am not sure that I have ever seen color callouts the way Michael described them. But depending on your layout program (I use MS Word for historical reasons) I suppose it could be done.

I am thinking about getting a color laser to avoid having to pay to get my stuff printed in color but the price of supplies (which I haven’t seen coming down much, not that I track it really carefully) scares me. B&W toner is bad enough! (I print on an HP 2100, great little laser printer in my view)

Hope that helps.

++Lar