 Instructions / 602
Re: LPub Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 2004 00:43:21 GMT

In lugnet.inst, Kevin L. Clague wrote:
   In lugnet.inst, Jason Spears wrote:
   Why is it then when I tell LPub to create the “Layouts” it makes the parts needed for this step box HUGE, but the images that shows where they go in the step tiny?

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/spearjr/MichLUG/2004-03-20-CKM/back_1_04_ci.jpg

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a place to modify this setting? Could it be a problem with my .mpd file?

If this is solvable, I’m looking forward to posting instructions to this little house soon, which would be my first instructions created with LPub.

The issue you are grappling with has to do with scale.....

Since you give me no information to work with I have to guess.

I’d guess that your model is very large, so L3P places the camera very far back to make sure that all of the model is visible when rendered. Since the scale is large, the rendering size of a stud is quite small. This would explain how scale affects the size of the construction image. LPub provides manual control called “Minimum Camera Distance” that you can use to keep construction image constant across all sub-models and complete model.

LPub has ways to control the scale of the parts rendered in the part list image. This mechanism *also* provides a “minimum Camera Distance” to allow you to force the camera to back up from parts being rendered for part list images. Please adjust this image to larger numbers to get the camera to back up.

OK, my laptop is back together and I have enough battery to give more concrete information.

In the “Building Instructions”->”Steps” tab, there is a “Minimum Camera Distance”. This one can effect the scale of construction images. It cannot *make* the camera get closer, but it can make the camera back away.

In the “Building Instructions”->”Part Images” tab, “there is a “Minimum Camera Distance”. This one affects the scale of rendered individual part images used to make part list images *and* Bill Of Material pictures. Again, this cannot make the camera get closer, but it can make the camera back away. It seems like this one is the one you want to change. Make the number larger and the resulting rendered part will be smaller.

Kevin