 General / 19955
Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 23:29:09 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bradley Dale writes:
In lugnet.general, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
Brazen it out and get Real Rude back to the cashiers.

Ah, good one!

Actually, I used this one just the other week.  I'd been getting the Shell Lego
stuff when I stopped to get gas.  The teenager at the cash register (always the
same one) would ask me if it was for me with just that hint of a sarcastic
smile on his face.  "No, it's for my son - he got his school's award for
academic excellence for a third straight year and this is a reward for him."

Well, about the fourth time, I said, yup, it's for me...oh, was your remark
supposed to embarrass me?  I forgot how teenagers are so worried about peer
pressure.  Don't worry, kid, you'll grow out of it when you become a man.

No remark the fifth time.  :-)

Bruce