 General / 19983
Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 04:47:21 GMT

In lugnet.general, Scott Edward Sanburn writes:
Erin,

   Well, I am 25 too, and I had the same experiences you had, in terms of
being targets of sarcasm and the like. my fondest memory was when I was 17,
and I saved up enough money to buy the 6399 - the coveted Airport Monorail.
$150.00, even, at Meijer, in Flint, Michigan. My friend Josh drove me there,
and I practically ran to the toy department, grabbed the 6399, and ran up to
the cashier. She wrang it up, and asked, "Is this for your brother?"

I said, "no, it is for me."

"Aren't you a little old to be PLAYING with LEGO?"

Let's just say if I was Wolverine or something, I would have shoved my
knives through her head. But I merely told her to mind her own business,
etc. It is your money, spend it on what you believe in, what you would like,
what you need, don't let people make you do things. That is what makes this
country great, is freedom to do what you desire, to pursue happiness. It is
rough through the teen years, I never had a dark ages per se, but I still
felt awkward. Now, I don't. I love the expressions when I go through Meijer
or Walmart or whatever, buying sets, the cart or carts piled up, and all the
kids saying, "look at all those LEGO's" or whatever. Don't give it up for
others, it is worthwhile, it is constructive, and it dies not harm anyone.
also remember spending money on LEGO is beter than alchol, partying, drugs,
etc. Something to consider when the parents rattle off a anti-LEGPO
statement. Enjoy yourself, and remember, on line stores are awesome, and
U-Scans are absolutely priceless!

Scott"Pushed carts for 6 hours in sun, brain baked" S.
--

Next time say you are a little old for their store, ask them who their biggest
competitor is, talk about how you love their competitors, tell them about how

NICK :^A