 General / 19943
Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 22:32:37 GMT

In lugnet.general, Erin Windross writes:

I now find it very embarrassing to go to TRU and shop with my mom. It is as if
everybody is staring at me, and a couple of times I have heard and seen the
cashiers make rude, sarcastic comments and giving me weird looks. This has
turned me off, and now I need some help. What should I do? I have tried to
just ignore it, but the humiliation feeling keeps nagging me. Has anyone else
had this problem?

Walk in with a bank card, and walk out with a cart _full_ of lego!, this tends
to swing there attitudes.

Here in St John's, I have several "tame" TRU employees, including the one who
when TRU had a sale (4 weeks ago or so) reentered all the Lego so that it would
show up at the right price for me.  I also have a tame photo developer (I'm
supprised I haven't got asked to provide a photo for the wall!), who does a lot
of my colour developing.

James P