 General / 20067
Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 15 Jul 2000 15:41:14 GMT

I vaguely remember wondering what the cashiers thought. I do not remember any
openly negative expressions or comments. If it helps you can remember that
regardless of the reason that you are buying the LEGO---for yourself, for a
nephew or niece---you would get the same looks. How does this help? Well, it
goes to show you that the cashiers that are snickering have no idea about whats
going on. They would snicker whethter the sets were for you or if they were a
gift. I guess you just stop caring what the cashiers think. Like when I when to
TRU at midnight to buy StarWars LEGO.

I wanted to comment about Ross's statements too. I wouldn't feel bad about
buying sets from your friends. Auctions don't seem "right" to me. Usually,
things have value because the thing is valuable to both the buyer and the
seller. I think that it is not really right for people who don't want their
LEGO to charge their friends a lot of money for that LEGO; it is bad enough
that some people do that to strangers, and, afterall, they are your friends.

Chris

Rag LaFart wrote:

My biggest problem as a teen is buying my friend's sets.  They think they're
getting a good deal, when I would pay twice as much on ebay.  I usually just
tell them the truth, and though I see these people every day, I get
suprisingly little flak from them.

There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

-Ross