 Off-Topic / Debate / 6046
Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 17:13:33 GMT

I suspect that if we all were paying the true costs of driving SUVs we • wouldn't
be driving quite as many of them. Getting from our system to one in which true
costs are actually paid (don't confuse the notion of true costs with just
heavily taxing gasoline, that's not the right way to do it) is non-trivial,
though.

I'd like to hear more about the idea of true costs.  What would
be included in the true costs of automobile ownership?  The cost
of maintaining roads?  The cost of pollution?

--

Jeff <jthompson@esker.com>  "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"