 General / 20058
Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 21:18:29 GMT

In lugnet.general, Sean Forbes writes:
Recently, I was in my local TRU Lego aisle and there was an older woman
worrying over some of the larger Ninja sets.  After a few moments I offered my
assistance.  She was certainly relieved.  Her nephew had asked for the "Big
Ninja Castle" which she had been told cost around $80.  Well, TRU was having a
sale on it so she was confused by the $50 price tag, as there was no reference
on the tag of the real price.  Well, I gave her a quick lesson on the
size/price ratios and she ended up deciding on not only getting the Flying
Ninja's Fortress, but the Emperor's Stronghold and Fire Ninja Fortress as they
were all on sale.  She thanked me, and the look on her face and the knowledge
that I helped get a new legophile more than he expected left me with the best
feeling, even though I didn't buy anything that day!  You never know when your
product knowlege can help someone else!

When I was in TRU one day, I met a man who was looking for Spark, Torch and
Blast (or other throwbots), but had no idea what product line they belonged to.
I showed him which ones they were.  See, we are useful to have around the toy
stores!