 General / 19982
Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 04:46:19 GMT

<snip>

Huh, well. I haven't had *much* of a problem with this, maybe because I'm
short and people never know how old I am (estimates range from 12-13 to
college years!!).

But I do get the occasional weird look. I try to ignore those - jerks.

OTOH, I also get the occasional teemingly-interesting inquiry. For example a
nice experience I had was when I went out and bought 18 copies of 6204. The
girl at the counter asked me if they were for myself, and I said something
like "some, yeah, but others I'll be selling...". She smiled and said, "oh,
eBay or something?" and I was just ON the floor, laughing my head off. I told
her a bit about lugnet, and then the manager showed up - she was thrilled that
I bought out their "old, unsuccessful sets" - and I said "there are a lot of
people out there who are dying to get these sets!"... she smiled and
said: "That's great'! Just tell them where you bought these!"
<grin>

As for the weird looks - bite their heads off. They have no idea what they're
missing out on!!

-Shiri