 General / 19978
Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 04:13:14 GMT

Make a stupid computer game, sell it for extremely high prices & become the
next Bill Gates so everyone loves you. That's my plan to keep people from
bothering me about it, but for now I use VERY long words no one understands so
everyone at school thinks I'm really smart & trys to be exactly like me ;-) .

NICK :^A

In lugnet.general, Erin Windross writes:
Well, I'm in my teen years. Voice has gone down, growth spurts, acne (luckily
I have been spared from that), the usual change. But then there is one thing
that has REALLY changed. Buying Lego.

I now find it very embarrassing to go to TRU and shop with my mom. It is as if
everybody is staring at me, and a couple of times I have heard and seen the
cashiers make rude, sarcastic comments and giving me weird looks. This has
turned me off, and now I need some help. What should I do? I have tried to
just ignore it, but the humiliation feeling keeps nagging me. Has anyone else
had this problem?

Erin