 General / 19977
Re: Availibility of Harry Potter LEGO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 04:05:31 GMT

In lugnet.general, Bradley Dale writes:
When Harry Potter Lego arrives, will it sell out as fast as the books?  Will
toy departments be open at 12:01 am January 1, 2001 (or whenever), filled with
Lego builders waiting to fight for the last set?  What is the maximum ammount
of Lego a store can order before it becomes impossible ot produce?

Well, despite long lines no bookstore I know of sold out of Harry Potter IV on
the first night.  I saw the storeroom of one store immediately after they
closed, and I can tell you they had *plenty* left (although they did sell a
huge number).

Similarly, despite long lines no toy store I am aware of sold out of Episode I
Lego when they opened for "midnight madness".  Then again, not every store had
every set- but it only took visiting two stores that night for me to be Episode
I complete (and all I needed at the second store was one set).

I'll admit, I was really paranoid about getting my hands on Star Wars sets.
Thanks to Lugnet, I was one of the first to get them that I know of (I mean
classic trilogy sets, here).  But I never saw them short anywhere, really.

eric

eric