 Off-Topic / Debate / 6053
Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 18:52:59 GMT

Travis,

(like an oversize SUV as a commuter vehicle).

Funny how with one sentence you say you should not worry about what other
people think about purchases, and then in the next sentence, you are • worried
about other people's purchases. " st00pid purchases that adults make • (like
an oversize SUV as a commuter vehicle).

I own a 1999 Chevrolet Suburban, I love it, and I would not trade it for • the
world. It is my choice, just as it is my choice to buy LEGO products. If • you
don't like it,  fine. Calling SUV purchases "stupid" is just as bad as
calling buying LEGO "stupid". It is called market forces.

FUT off.topic.debate, but I won't be there.

Scott S.

He did state using a SUV as a "commuter" was stupid.  I'd tend to agree.

That's great.

Of
course I drive an hour to work,  so 15 MPG won't work for me 'cause I • don't get
paid that much.

There are always other jobs. It is a thriving economy, after all.

Also I want to blame those types of vehicles for why our gas
prices have gone up so much, hee-hee.

I blame the government, sir. No hee hee's needed.

Scott S.