 General / 20464
Re: What age does buying lego become embarrassing?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 25 Jul 2000 01:13:01 GMT

On Tue, 18 Jul 2000 04:32:38 GMT, Steve Demlow <demlow@visi.com>
wrote:

G. Crisp <greg@artisans.cncdsl.com> wrote:

I went through that when I was in my later teens.  I look back now and
don't understand why.  I vaguely recall that image seemed real important
back then, and the last thing I wanted was for some cute girl to see
me walking out of the toy store with a bunch of stuff.

OTOH, see http://www.lugnet.com/market/shopping/?n=4123 for a case of
the opposite happening - someone got the cute cashier's phone number whilst
buying 75% off Star Wars sets. :)

I occasionally get comments like, "Are these for you?... You must really
like Lego" or "What are you going to do with all these??"  No cashier has
even treated me like a weirdo, but if they did I wouldn't care.

Steve
Also sometimes when the cashiers ask, it may be part of their stores
policy to chat with the customer while they get rung up.  I believe
the whole idea of that is to put a positive impression upon a person's
shopping trip, most of the time the cashier does not really care what
you are buying , they just want to get thru your stuff quickly (well
usually :^)  and get on to the next person.

Mike
All other themes are just spare parts for Castle!