 General / 19956
Re: 2001 subthemes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 23:30:59 GMT

In lugnet.general, Jeff Johnston writes:
In lugnet.general, Bradley Dale writes:
So, from informtion I've collected, we could see

Promotional> Movies> Harry Potter (official)
?> ?> Obelisk? (I heard that this was "known", but I know nothing about it)

Where'd that info come from?  'Obelisk' is new to me.

I heard it when I asked before if anyone knew the 2001 themes.  I was also
informed about Pirate Jr. in that thread.  All I can say is that it supposedly
has a light/sound feature and has a bunch of monkeys around it- weird.

Pirates> Pirates/Pirates Jr. (rumoured)

This was rumored in 2000 too.  Maybe...

Town> Paradisa II (rumoured)
Town> Antarctic (fan-created, but suspected)

As a continuation of Arctic?  Perhaps.

I would also expect new subthemes in
Underground

Hmm, maybe.  Depends on how well the Rock Raiders did.  Competing miners?
Maybe aliens?

Castle

Hmm.  I guess the two separate Ninja years were different 'subthemes'
although they were not identified as such.  There wasn't any real
carryover between them.  We might see more Bulls stuff, but we might see
something totally new, too.

Yes, I would like to see a Bulls castle, not just a bunch of armed vehicles.
And notice we don't have a minifig pack of Bulls and Knights Kingdom?  I hope
we can get the queen and princess without paying $100+

And new sets added to these existing subthemes
Star Wars Trilogy

No kidding.

And these to be discontinued
Space Port (definately)
Rock Raiders (definately)

There wasn't anything new for 2000 except the figure set, so I'd probably
agree.

Adventueres Jungle (definately, if not discontinued this summer)

I think this has already been replaced by Dino Island.  Adventurers on the
whole is probably on its way out, but I could be wrong.