 Events / *856 (-100)
  Re: Shell stuff, at Brickfest

Actually, some 3rd party (unrelated to and not participating in the fest) donated them to us. They assured us that they "owned" them. In a separate event, a participant asked a Shell manager if he could have one of the signs and he said "Sure, but (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Brickfest from a lurker's perspective...

Where to begin? Well, I have been lurking here on lugnet for some time now, posting only once in a great while. My Job limits my internet access and when I get home, I am not really in the mood to look at another computer screen. But now that I have (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  security

I know everyone saw this before, but it's still cracking me up :) (URL) for putting these up kev) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) I tend to agree with Rich in part but disagree in another part. It was great that the WAMALUG folks have started something great. I remember a few of us on rec.toys.lego a few years back suggested a FOL (A missing because of family (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: *RESULTS-New Brickfest Initial Interest Survey-RESULTS*

Matthew Gerber wrote in message ... (...) Salt (...) thought This to me says there is equal support for Carlsbad and Seattle (you have a pretty small sample size there Matthew). (...) seems (...) regional, (...) I don't see these numbers as meaning (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Shell stuff, at Brickfest

That red LEGO flag looked real nice hanging on the front of my house this morning! (my wife took down her normal summer flag for only one day, tommorow I must take my LEGO flag down) jt (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) I am merely noting that the Norwesters seem to be the ones vehement about the location being firmly in the Norwest. I am merely saying if the powers that be want to organize a "Brickfest WEST" rather than a strictly Northwestern one, perhaps (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

Bruce Schlickbernd at corsair@schlickbernd.org wrote: <snip> (...) By "some" I assume you mean me. It would be rather silly for me to promote a 'fest in SoCal, wouldn't it? It's starting to look like we'll end up with two West Coast fests. (...) I'm (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) No, I make it sound like there are a lot of AFOLs in the Pac NW. I was trying to make the point that AFOLs who are enthusiastic enough to form LUGs will be the ones who are enthusiastic enough to come to a 'fest. (...) Never at any point did I (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Shell stuff, at Brickfest

(...) I really appreciated that Erik! I loved the set and it will work great with my big town stuff. I too stopped at several Shell Stations on the way down I-95 South of Arlington. I was able to purchase the Tanker Truck at a station just outside (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) "More" implies an amount of people - you note cities, states, and all of Canada (Newfoundlanders seem an unlikely prospect <g>), but avoid population numbers. I'll use Lugnet member numbers (acknowledging that all who read Lugnet and might (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: US Lug Event

(...) I'm sure we will have something to say on this topic. Give us some time, though, we're still recovering :) And we'll probably have to discuss and debate amongst ourselves before we form an "official" opinion. -Greg Kramer (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Regianal Conventions was Re: How about a Brickfest West?

Hello all, I have not posted here very often but I some observations regarding regional and national conventions from a different perspective. I attend gaming conventions regionally and nationally and I am planning to attend Brickfest next year. I (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

OOOH what I've thought about for years! Flexible Track sections.. Ohh transition curves, dynamic radius turns. Inclines/declines... (well ok we can do that now, but not that smoohtly over shorter distances). Lets hope that they figure out a way of (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: US Lug Event

(...) Something I want to throw out for consideration to examine if the feelings of dilution by having more events are negative. Where do you draw the line? If more frequent events are dilutive, I would by extension argue then that ANY gathering, (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: LDraw and Brickfest: General summary and comments

Hey all! I am curious about stories and photo's of the fest! Congrats to Steve for getting the The Memorial Award! Greetingz... Sjaacko (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: US Lug Event

(...) We train folk happen to be organizing our own national train club convention which we hope to make an annual event, which would move around the country every year. But I agree with Lar-- Brickfest, in essence, *is* a national event. It is very (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Brickfest Castle Room Pictures uploaded

(...) Great job! This is as complete of a archive as I've seen. Well done :) -- Pawel (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle)

  Re: US Lug Event

(...) I'm sensing a minor disconnect. I viewed the Brickfest I just attended *as* a national event. It just happened to be in DC because that's where the organizers are... Look at the roster of attendees, they came from a lot of places (yes, the (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Shell stuff, at Brickfest

(...) I'm guessing Denise. She knows of a bunch of Shell stations off the beaten path. (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Shell stuff, at Brickfest

I don't know who got the signs or where they came from, but I did manage to get my own sign and flag from the station in Mebane, NC. I've contacted Shell for a complete list of participating stations, which the woman in charge of promotions was (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.promo)

  US Lug Event

Hi With all the talk about a west coast Brickfest, it made me wonder if anyone would be willing to go to a national event. An event where east can meet west. I think there should be a west coast BrickFest first of all. You guys need a regional time (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) But AFOLs do not REQUIRE LUGs. You make it sound like LUGs are a requirement for a Fest. They're not. They're helpful, they increase the chance of attendees, but they're not required. And you shouldn't have mentioned PNLTC with your (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) <snip> (...) Ya, I know - but maybe that just means there is nobdy that wants to be the one to organize the club, and maybe you are right. I have no idea. But, I do know of 9 AFOLS in Arizona :) lol (ok, i know that is a sad #) (...) Yes. But (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: *RESULTS-New Brickfest Initial Interest Survey-RESULTS*

And now for my comments on the survey, and last bunch of posts on the subject. I feel that these are the most important and telling numbers from the survey. One by one-by the question: (...) I think it is fairly obvious that most folks would enjoy (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

I am basically 'me too-ing' what Mark said, but I think he was working on the same point that I was. As for what Bryan said about San Francisco being central, yes it would be, if you were talking about only California. But there are groups in (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  *RESULTS-New Brickfest Initial Interest Survey-RESULTS*

As promised, here are the results of my impromptu survey about the need/want of a Brickfest style event on the West Coast. You can find the results at the same survey result page as before, at: (URL) (the format is a bit easier to read there, also). (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events) !

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

in article GGLICz.GA1@lugnet.com, tom wrote: <snip> (...) Really? Maybe it's a silly assumption to make, but I don't see any LUGs in Nevada, Arizona, or Mexico. My point was that we have SEALUG, VicLUG, VLC, NALUG, and PNLTC all within a reasonable (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

Mark Sandlin wrote in message ... (...) "Brickfest" (...) Seconded. (...) Not only the cost... but if there was a fest in Seattle I'd drive down with a van FULL of MOCs. I'm currently building a city block on a 64 x 128 stud area, and that just (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Shell stuff, at Brickfest

Would someone please tell the story of how those Lego signs got into the door prize drawing? Did they come from the Shell station across from the exit for Potomac Mills? Those guys looked pretty tired of being asked, I would not blame them for (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Brickfest Castle Room Pictures uploaded

(...) Awesome, Troy, excellent job documenting so much stuff. Maybe we should make you the official Brickfest photographer or something next year! ;D Jeff (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle)

  Re: Brickfest news flash

(...) I'll hope that you weren't hallucinating and that some progress has been made after all, so this could indeed be very good news :) (Well, someone has to be optimistic!) Deidre drb@tasmail.com (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.au)

  LDraw and Brickfest: General summary and comments

Hi everyone!! I'm going to give a general summary of how LDraw happenings went at Brickfest. Right now I'm away from my computer (actually at Bram Lambrecht's in Cleveland) so I can't post pictures and write articles for the site just yet. And (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.events.brickfest) !!

  Re: Brickfest news flash

Actually, I got the IMPRESSION from what was said that the decision of where to ship from had been made, but Brad didn't specifically tell us which facility would be handling it. Of course, I could just be hallucinating here.... Troy Deidre Rushton (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) Oh. My. Gawd. (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Brickfest Castle Room Pictures uploaded

I've uploaded the pictures that I took at Brickfest in the Castle Room. They can be found on Brickshelf here: (URL) are not captioned, as I don't know everyone or everything in them. They have been resized to a tolerable size though, and sorted into (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.castle) !!

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) I am assuming that he meant there are alot more people in S. Cal. than the areas you mentioned. Granted way up north wold attract people from more states, but the states up there are alot smaller. And, there are alot of other things to do in (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

(...) Indeed. What's sort of sick about trains is there is unlimited upside. The more you have, the more you want... you just keep making bigger and bigger and bigger layouts and so forth. This can be true in any theme if the bug bites you but it (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

Sounds Like a Great idea! I'd be happy to contribute whatever I could to such an event. I think as far as location goes, Seattle is by far THE best choice. It is fairly central to all of western north america. It isn't much of a drive from anywhere (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Brickfest news flash

(...) Unfortunately, this is the decision that has had to be made for the last 12 months, and has presumably been a big part of the reason for our last two launch dates (actually more like launch windows) being postponed. I was extremely happy to (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: *New Brickfest Initial Interest Survey*

Hello all. After a wonderful response, I will be closing the LEGO® Brickfest™ Style Event Initial Interest Survey to further submissions. I will close down the site late tonight, so if you haven't yet weighed in with your opinion, please do so at (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.org)

  Re: Brickfest news flash

(...) Working from memory here, but I believe Brad stated that determining which fulfilment center to ship from (European or US) was one of the decisions that had to be made, so I wouldn't suspect that they plan to warehouse anything in Australia. (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.au)

  Re: Lego Direct Q&A about to start at BrickFest

(...) I may be dreaming, but I thought I caught a hint that TLC has considered the possibility of an alliance with a model railroading manufacturer. I suspect the LEGO track market is at least as large as some of the specialty model railroad track (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) I think Brad was pretty clear that we were a small (but important) segment of his market. One thing he mentioned is that in something like 7 of 8 Shop at Home calls they could hear the kid in the background directing the parent as to which (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Pictures

(...) (URL) I'm glad someone ran the NCLTC car. I didn't have much time to make sure it was known to be there and get run. (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.org.us.nclug)

  Request for Pirate Game thoughts and Player/Ship/Captain names

Before I write my big review of the game, I thought I'd again request thoughts on the game. It would also be helpful for folks to post their ship's and captain's names (I did get most of them off the board, but the several folks who left early (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) After what I spent at the outlet last year at Brickfest, some people may be shocked to hear the following... (if you're faint of heart, please skip...) Sunday afternoon I commented to Stephen Roberts that in one way it was a shame Brickfest (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: August Surprise...

Good point. The 6691 Monorail Transport Base is Space/Unitron, and the 6399 Airport Shuttle is Town/Flight yet both are monorails - similar to trains (i.e. bi-rails?). I think the Lego Group should be consistant. The existing line of trains ARE (...) (23 years ago, 17-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) How do you figure? A Seattle fest would attract people from Oregon, Washington, Canada, and some of the other Northwestern states. Seattle is about 3.5 hours north of Portland, and 2 hours south of Vancouver, BC. It would take me 14 hours just (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

In lugnet.events, Duane Hess writes: - snip - (...) Vegas would be great, IMO. Are there many AFOLs there who could help with local planning? (...) I'd be happy to get together sometime, especially if you were willing to come to the Springs. :-) I (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.co)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) I don't really understand this whole "kids these days grow up fast and go to video games, bypassing action figures and lego sets" thing. I doubt kids are growing up any faster than before. Growing up in the 80s, I had my video games as well as (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) I don't think your above inference is necessarily true. Hmm, I would think that would mean more adults are buying them who do not post here, and more are buying them who do not buy online. (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) I thought I just said that. :-) (...) So it's easier for more people to attend. Why do many so-called "national" conventions cater to the east coast? More people. Personally, I don't know why there has to be a "national" Lego convention, and I (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) I forgot to say that the consituencies of the other two groups may not be that much larger than the number of AFOLs. Does anyone have a good guess as to the real number of AFOLs? The two activities are caving (which can have an astounding [to (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

Sorry I sniped everything out, too much to go through. One thing we should definately consider for this event is flexibility. Here in Lugola we have long strived to be as considerate to the distances people have to travel. It may be best to have (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.org.us.lugola, lugnet.org.us.baylug, lugnet.org.us.sealug, lugnet.org.us.wafol)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) As someone fairly involved in two other activities which have gatherings, I have to disagree. There are definitely people who will go to as many events as possible. On the other hand, both of these groups do have a weeklong annual convention (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) I agree on that principal, not being geographically close is a huge hindrance to attendance. It will take a lot of planning and saving to make it to any fest, no matter how far away it is. So, for you specifically Mark, and to anyone else who (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) I agree completely. Just had to give a me2. Both Chris and I think that keeping Brickfest as the name for the D.C. event is a good idea; they "coined" their name. I love the idea of holding other fests, but it would be best to use other names, (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) Yeah, or if you're not made of money, perhaps a 'fest on the west coast might be a good thing. I would have really enjoyed being there, but with airline tickets being in the $300.00 range, not counting expenses, the cost was prohibitive. Many (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) Yes, if you're looking to try to make it geographically central. (...) Most people would be inside playing with Lego regardless of the weather anyway. Isn't that what a Brickfest is all about? (...) I have a feeling that if a Brickfest were (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

Of course everyone wants as close to them as possible. And why should population have anything to do with where it is held? Of course California has a huge population, there are more people crammed into that state then in the entire country of (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) Larry, All, I'm glad that you feel that way. This may make some very unhappy for geographical regions, but to have multiple fests (whatever name you use as the banner) is dilative to the "Brickfest(*)" experience. Even at once a year, I'm not (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

In lugnet.events, David Eaton writes: <snip> (...) <snip> I snipped most, left this one sentence, kinda sums up nicely... I am coming around to this viewpoint. Have one fest a year so *everyone* is incented to come. Rotate it around geographically? (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: I have pics but brickshelf is not happy at the mo

Hopefully these include the combined Amtrak you took pictures of :) KL (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

Amusingly, just about everyone wants it held as close to them as possible! Realistically, San Francisco or south of it a bit make the most sense geographically. I suppose one could make the argument that Seattle makes the most sense for playing with (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

Bad form replying to my on post, but I forgot to add Colorado to the post... -Duand (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.co)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) I would second this one. Of course I'm in north Denver, so I'm biased. Maybe Las Vegas as a second choice? Seems like there are always cheap flights going there. Would anyone in Colorado like to plan a get together sometime? The last time I (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) I'll join you. How far is North Dakota (that is where you are right?) from Colo. Springs? Bryan Beckwith (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Brickfest Pics Castle Room

KK, Thanks, (in particular to my CWCS) for getting a really good picture of my walls. It was very gratifying to meet you (finally) and all the others in Castle World (though some I have met before) and all the characters that inhabit CW. My (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) Just a few thoughts on some of the various ideas being played with-- Having just come from Brickfest, I'd have to say that I'd definitely go again. It was well worth it, even if it did take a combined 20 hours in the car to get there and back. (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: Pics on Brickshelf

(...) Larry, I'm surprised you don't have better/more pictures of that mountain, being the Train-head that you are. I know it's ONLY scenery for Trains, but it's the best non-Town scenery that I've seen in a while. Can you tell I'm goading you on (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) I received the S@H catalog with the Bionicle picture on it, and there is no Guarded Inn inside it, but the funny thing is that on the back, where my name and address is printed, there is a little blurb telling me to check out the Guarded Inn (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) you asked, here you go. from what i understand, there was 2 sum 2001 catalogs this year... my house only got the train one, not the bionicle one. here's the front page (300k): (URL) the 10000 set on page 3 (also 300k): (URL) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Pictures

(...) Looks great. Thanks for posting all those. I love the pictures of the mountain, being the Train-head that I am, and working on a mountain of my own right now. Thanks again. Play well. Tim Strutt 8^) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) Well that answers my other question about the statement that the Train Bridge was on the cover because it wasn't. Was this some last minute change to the catalog? Was anything official said about there being 2 versions of the catalog? I don't (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) Wait! I'm psychic! Let me guess...you're S@H catalog has Bionicle on the cover...right? That version of the catalog doesn't have the 10000 GI in it...only the version with the train cover (where it's on page 3). Although, the S@H catalog and (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

(...) OK this is driving me *crazy*. This is the second referance to the Guarded Inn being in the S@H catalog. Can someone provide a referance? I am sitting with my copy of the Summer 2001 S@H Catalog and see no referance to the Guarded Inn. Was (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: September Surprise?

(...) It was asked in jest--"So when do we find out about the September surprise?"--and everyone laughed, but there was no answer of substance that I caught. best Lindsay (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Brickfest Pics Castle Room

Just uploaded some pics mostly of the Castle Room (best room IMHO) at Brickfest 2001 and I confined myself with the best pics and those I can identify the creators so ... (URL) medieval village was a huge success in my opinion and is shown in (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

Just a quick correction here, Greg, I believe Brad said that the 2 million club members were "children" whether or not the adults were lumped into a different category or not, I don't know, but that's what I inferred, myself, by the way it was (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

As the subject says, these are inferences, not direct quotes. But I have given references to why I think my "read between the lines" statements are accurate. 1. The adult fan community is probably not as important as we like to think we are. Brad (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: September Surprise?

(...) I was typing pretty fast (and incoherently in some cases...) so may have missed it but I don't think that question was asked, nor was it answered. (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  September Surprise?

Did Brad say if there was going to be a continuation of this monthly surprise pattern? Jude (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) Agreed. Definitely not a "Train" since it's not badged as Train. Not sure I'd characterise it as even a small "t" train since it doesn't run on track, apparently. (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: BrickFest Interest Survey (was Re: How about a Brickfest West?)

(...) You are correct...and while I would prefer a single answer, those who pick multiples aren't necessarily hurting anything...remember, this is in no way rocket science, just an impromptu survey to keep us from having to gloam info out of the (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) But the original box was badged Trains not Town... The metroliner had grey 1x4s in it, does that make it Classic Space? LEGO(r) set up different themes, LEGO decided how to organize them. LEGO decided that Town and Trains were different (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: *New Brickfest Initial Interest Survey*

(...) Thanks Kevin...I don't post there. Matt (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: August Surprise...

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Scott Arthur writes: - snip - (...) You summarized what I was saying better than I could have. As for the "tiny step" with HP, I actually feel it is a pretty large step. At least now a train (no Larry, not a Train) will (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Pics on Brickshelf

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Larry Pieniazek writes: OK these are now at (URL) you to pick and choose which ones to see. Thanks for your patience. (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) First of all, I just want to say that you sure are a touchy guy. That said, on to my response. (...) No? When looking at the Metroliner box, I can clearly see at least half a dozen minifigs which are clearly Town. (...) I do. I am part of (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: I have pics but brickshelf is not happy at the mo

(...) No prob. I do have a few more to unload... tonite I hope. ++Lar (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: I have pics but brickshelf is not happy at the mo

(...) Finally I get to see the mountain. That is just awesome. Thanks again for posting. Tim Strutt 8^) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  I have pics but brickshelf is not happy at the mo

I do have a camera load of pics to upload. They are not going to have captions, etc, unf... as soon as brickshelf comes back I will upload. If it isn't back soon I will upload somewhere else but won't have time to do thumbnails etc, it will just be (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

Matthew Gerber wrote in message ... (...) <snip> I just cross-posted this to RTL as well. Kevin ---...--- Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Lego auctions: (URL) Guild of Bricksmiths: (URL) Lego Web page: (URL) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: BrickFest Interest Survey (was Re: How about a Brickfest West?)

(...) Not really, although it isn't necessarily clear that you can pick more than one option. (The question seems phrased towards exclusivity, or so it seems to me.) Would "No strong preference" be better than "don't care"? I suspect a lot of people (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: August Surprise...

"Scott A" <eh105jb@mx1.pair.com> wrote in message news:GGKL1z.LMu@lugnet.com... I (...) A tiny, yucky step. (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) Sorry about that! Not sure exactly why the duplicate post blocker wasn't working. I was posting from an airport payphone booth while waiting for my email to finish syncronising so I could get back in the Southwest cattle call line.(1) The (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.admin.nntp)

  Re: Pictures

(...) Just went through Saturday's photos. Very nice. But, again, I got to the mountain pictures, and the links are broken. Everything from 1/2 way through page 6 and on is broken links. I still can't see this great mountain! I am getting very (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: How about a Brickfest West?

(...) I haven't read all the posts yet, so someone else may have already mentioned this... Denise floated the idea of Brickfest when WAMALUG had 4 members. Some things to think about in chosing venues: - At least 2 good sized rooms (the trainiacs (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events)

  Re: August Surprise...

(...) I think he means that if he were to build a town, it would have a train station/line in it. I do not think he is saying that "Train" is part of "Town". For a long time I have thought (and said) that Train needs to move away from Town a little. (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact