 Events / 317
Re: BrickFest Interest Survey (was Re: How about a Brickfest West?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 15:03:54 GMT

In lugnet.events, Matthew Gerber writes:
In lugnet.events, Kevin Wilson writes:
Matthew Gerber wrote in message ...
As promised...

http://homepage.mac.com/bricknbrack/survey.html

5a should have a "don't care" option

I was trying to keep 'maybe', 'don't care', 'no opinion' out...I guess to
force a decision...some folks tend towards wishy-washy choices when
presented with them. I'd rather have someone take the time to think and
check more than one option to show multiple preferences (why I used check
boxes instead of radio buttons), than to answer with a cop-out...is that bad
of me? Seriously, tell me...

Not really, although it isn't necessarily clear that you can pick more than
one option. (The question seems phrased towards exclusivity, or so it seems
to me.)  Would "No strong preference" be better than "don't care"?  I
suspect a lot of people won't really care when it is, or won't care very much.

7c should have a link to the LUGNET thread for those who come from elsewhere

Wilco. Though the discussion will jump around...I'll link to .events. LUGNET
link's at the top too.

7b would also benefit from a "Probably not, but I would try" option. :)  I
was forced to answer "no" because the odds are long against, but I'd
certainly like to try.

James