 Events / 320
Re: BrickFest Interest Survey (was Re: How about a Brickfest West?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 16:48:42 GMT

In lugnet.events, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.events, Matthew Gerber writes:
In lugnet.events, Kevin Wilson writes:
Matthew Gerber wrote in message ...
As promised...

http://homepage.mac.com/bricknbrack/survey.html

5a should have a "don't care" option

I was trying to keep 'maybe', 'don't care', 'no opinion' out...I guess to
force a decision...some folks tend towards wishy-washy choices when
presented with them. I'd rather have someone take the time to think and
check more than one option to show multiple preferences (why I used check
boxes instead of radio buttons), than to answer with a cop-out...is that bad
of me? Seriously, tell me...

Not really, although it isn't necessarily clear that you can pick more than
one option. (The question seems phrased towards exclusivity, or so it seems
to me.)

You are correct...and while I would prefer a single answer, those who pick
multiples aren't necessarily hurting anything...remember, this is in no way
rocket science, just an impromptu survey to keep us from having to gloam
info out of the many posts here.

Would "No strong preference" be better than "don't care"?  I
suspect a lot of people won't really care when it is, or won't care very much.
7b would also benefit from a "Probably not, but I would try" option. :)  I
was forced to answer "no" because the odds are long against, but I'd
certainly like to try.

But while that is an honest answer, it's not realistic enough for the needs,
is it? I'm watching some of these questions closely, because numbers in
great disparity on some of them will show how realistic the answers are. If
everyone says that they "would like to try to make it" to an event, and one
is developed on that basis, what happens when those people "tried but
couldn't pull it off"? That's the kind of thing I am MOST interested in, as
I look forward at donating my time to running an event, ya' know?

Matt