 Events / 361
Re: *RESULTS-New Brickfest Initial Interest Survey-RESULTS*
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 15:45:09 GMT

Matthew Gerber wrote in message ...

2a) If only one event were developed to serve the entire West Coast, where
would you most like to see it held?

23 Carlsbad, CA (LEGOLAND™)
22 Seattle, WA
9 Other (Please specify below):
-Everytime LUGOLA discusses this idea, the options of Reno, Nevada and • Salt
Lake City, Utah pop up. We'd love to include those that are west of the
Mississippi rather than just west coast.
-Las Vegas might interest non-AFOL spouses to come for the trip - just a
thought

This to me says there is equal support for Carlsbad and Seattle (you have a
pretty small sample size there Matthew).

7 Concurrent events
40 Quarterly events

7b) Would you actually be able to attend events in multiple locations over
the course of the year?

19 Yes
31 No

These are the numbers I watched the most closely during the survey. It • seems
to me that while most people are enamored of the IDEA of multiple, • regional,
quarterly events, they wouldn't actually ATTEND the events. I applaud folks
for being honest about this. Why should anyone knock themselves out trying
to put on an event every quarter, if no one will/can show up?

I don't see these numbers as meaning the same thing as you do. If people are
thinking of quarterly events as regional, then it makes perfect sense that
many people would attend their regional event and not others out of region
(which is what a lot of people in the thread have been saying) although some
people would enjoy travelling around to multiple events. It's my
understanding that this is the same pattern as attendance at Brickfest
itself - the majority of people were from the East Coast region, with a
strong showing of travellers from other areas (and internationally).

Kevin
Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: http://www.lionsgatemodels.com
Brickbay Lego parts store: http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=Kevinw1
eBay Lego auctions: http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/kevinw1/