 Events / 329
Re: How about a Brickfest West?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 21:59:28 GMT

Bruce Schlickbernd at corsair@schlickbernd.org wrote:

Amusingly, just about everyone wants it held as close to them as possible!
Realistically, San Francisco or south of it a bit make the most sense
geographically.

Yes, if you're looking to try to make it geographically central.

I suppose one could make the argument that Seattle makes
the most sense for playing with Lego in January (today's forecast: Gray!
With continuing gray throughout the day and fade to black at night - might
as well stay inside and play with Lego).

Most people would be inside playing with Lego regardless of the weather
anyway. Isn't that what a Brickfest is all about?

Population wise, SoCal (with the
added attraction of being close to Legoland and lots of other touristy
things).

I have a feeling that if a Brickfest were held in SoCal, it would basically
be like having a LUGOLA meeting with a few people who were able to fly in.
If the meeting were held in Portland or Seattle, we would attract people
from WA, OR, BC, and perhaps even some of the Rocky Mountain states as well.

Those championing January should realize that they are simultaneously
championing southern latitudes.  Grey castle bricks, grey Seattle
skies....I'm not sure I can take it!  :-)

Wimp. ;^)

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations