 Events / 327
Re: How about a Brickfest West?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 21:57:04 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.events, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.events, David Eaton writes:

<snip>

However, I find myself wondering whether I'd even bother going if the events
were more frequent and closer to me

<snip>

I snipped most, left this one sentence, kinda sums up nicely... I am coming
around to this viewpoint. Have one fest a year so *everyone* is incented to
come. Rotate it around geographically? Perhaps. Quarterly fests, concurrent
fests, all seem dilutive.

Larry, All,
  I'm glad that you feel that way. This may make some very unhappy for
geographical regions, but to have multiple fests (whatever name you use as
the banner) is dilative to the "Brickfest(*)" experience. Even at once a
year, I'm not capable of going to more than one fest in any one year.
  It is my humble opinion that "Brickfest" has proved itself to be the
premier AFOL gathering. I've been spouting for the past year that '
"Brickfest 2001" was just around the corner - start making plans today! ' As
being part of BF-2000 staff I knew what BF-2001 would be like. As part of
the BF-2001 staff I know what BF-2002 will be like next year.
  If your intention is to have the best time at an AFOL gathering with some
of the best modelers in at least the North American continent, "Brickfest"
is absolutely the one event to attend.
  I implore all of you who wish to experience something of this magnitude,
start planning today for "Brickfest 2002."

(*) "Brickfest" in my humble opinion, has become synonymous to me (and
certainly with others) with the event held in the D.C. area. To utilize the
name of "Brickfest" in conjunction with any other event seems, at the very
least improper, and at worst potentially infringing upon the rights of those
who conceived and have implemented 2 events under that name. I urge those
who discuss fests, other than the two Brickfest that have occurred and the
next planned event, will refrain from utilizing Brickfest in such
discussions. This is only a suggestion, but one that seems (to me at least)
right to suggest. (This view is my own, and not endorsed or suggested by
*The Brickfest Committee*)

Rich

--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not necessarily express the
views of my employer...)

BRICKFEST 2002 IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER... START MAKING PLANS TODAY.

Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****