 Events / 336
Re: How about a Brickfest West?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 22:46:38 GMT

In lugnet.events, Adam Murtha writes:
Of course everyone wants as close to them as possible.

I thought I just said that.  :-)

And why should
population have anything to do with where it is held?

So it's easier for more people to attend.  Why do many so-called "national"
conventions cater to the east coast?  More people.  Personally, I don't know
why there has to be a "national" Lego convention, and I don't have a problem
with there being a NW Lego convention and a SW convention.

Of course California
has a huge population, there are more people crammed into that state then in
the entire country of Canada.  And you are forgetting about about (most) of
the Canadians and others who are farther north like Seattle who have said
that they are not interested in hosting or participating in a Brickfest West
in California.

No, I haven't forgotten, and yes, there are people who are going to not go
if it isn't conveniently close no matter where it is held.  More will not go
to Seattle than not go to California.  Perhaps it would be healthy to move
it around - I always love to see different cities myself: Portland, SanFran,
Denver, Vancouver, I'm sure I'd enjoy myself in all!  But as I said, I don't
have a problem with a more restricted regional view.

And you are forgetting Mexico....
;-)

You LUGOLA and others in California have large and active
group, lets not try to disrupt the attempt to have something like a
Brickfest West or Northwest which was the original idea here, where people
like myself who don't have a local group of AFOL to try to meet others.

Note I didn't respond to the original message which despite it's subject
line, is about a "Brickfest" NW, not west, but rather than one that
approached it as a "Brickfest" West in reality.  I rather imagine that it
will end up wherever a group gets off it's duff and organizes a meeting
place to it's own convenience.

Bruce