 Events / BrickFest / 489
Re: Shell stuff, at Brickfest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.promo
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 11:07:30 GMT

I don't know who got the signs or where they came from, but I did manage
to get my own sign and flag from the station in Mebane, NC. I've
contacted Shell for a complete list of participating stations, which the
woman in charge of promotions was happy to send. Trouble is, she never
sent it. (She had heard a lot from Lugnetters, too.)

Sheree Rosenkrantz and I visited the Potomac Mills Shell before going to
the store on Sunday morning. I was amazed that they still had large
sets, considering the number of AFOLs in the area. Sheree got the last
couple of food stores, and we both got some yellow trucks. That time I
did not leave empty handed.

I made a game of stopping at Shells on the way to and from Brickfest --
turning a four hour drive into a nine hour one! On the way up, going
I-40 to I-95, I found sets at one Shell in six or eight. On the way
back, going I-85, I found exactly zero.

Cary

"Erik Olson" <olsone@spamcop.net> wrote in message
Would someone please tell the story of how those Lego signs got into the
door prize drawing? Did they come from the Shell station across from the
exit for Potomac Mills? Those guys looked pretty tired of being asked, I
would not blame them for telling the last AFOL out to take the signs
too!

I went to fill up with gas about 11am, and while I was standing there
someone (Cary Clark maybe?) ran inside and came out again empty-handed.
few minutes later I went in and saw they had a few sets left, but none
of
the really cool ones. Since I came a long way to see a Shell station, I
got
a car wash, but my heart wasn't really in it.

Later on I let Todd Thuma have it, because my cousin is taking care of
the
Shell angle for me.

So... who found the signs?

-Erik