 Events / 358
Re: How about a Brickfest West?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 14:58:26 GMT

Tom Stangl, VFAQman at talonts@vfaq.com wrote:

But AFOLs do not REQUIRE LUGs.  You make it sound like LUGs are a requirement
for a
Fest.  They're not.  They're helpful, they increase the chance of attendees,
but
they're not required.

No, I make it sound like there are a lot of AFOLs in the Pac NW. I was
trying to make the point that AFOLs who are enthusiastic enough to form LUGs
will be the ones who are enthusiastic enough to come to a 'fest.

And you shouldn't have mentioned PNLTC with your complaining about travel
times -

Never at any point did I mention PNLTC when I mentioned long travel times to
So Cal or LLC.

I mentioned PNLTC when I was talking about LUGs we have close to the Seattle
area. This was intended to demonstrate the high number of AFOLs we have in
the Pac NW.

they're going to be in LLC in a couple of weeks (I didn't realize this, and
now I
need to take some time off and drive down there!).  If they can travel to LLC
NOW,
why not for a Fest?  (Yes, they most likely are getting travel costs paid, or
LD is
shipping their stuff, or something, but if we had a Fest, they could likely
arrange
the same thing.

Sure they could. But I bet they would much rather have a local 'fest, where
they'd be able to have a much larger display.

Picture a huge tent like they had at Kidvention, just for a Fest.  At the same
time,
the trains could be on the Model Shop roof.  Let Fest'ers into the park an
hour
early and and hour late (if LD could swing that), so they could look around
without
seriously impacting their Fest participation.

Well, that sounds fun too. I wonder how much it would cost and whether LLC
would allow a non-LEGO sponsored club to hold a 'fest directly in the park?

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego