 Events / 359
Re: How about a Brickfest West?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 15:22:57 GMT

Bruce Schlickbernd at corsair@schlickbernd.org wrote:

<snip>

The point is not whether someone somewhere ends up with sizable travel
trouble - someone will no matter what!  It's a question of how many are put
out.  Like I said, a NW and a SW con make a lot of sense to me.  In any
case, I only offered my comments as something that should be taken into
consideration (which it seems some are determined not to do).

By "some" I assume you mean me. It would be rather silly for me to promote a
'fest in SoCal, wouldn't it?

It's starting to look like we'll end up with two West Coast fests.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to come to LLC again, but I just think your
above claim needs a bit of clarification. I don't think having LLC nearby
will guarantee you a large attendance, in fact, it might rob you of some
attendees who go to the park instead of attending the 'fest.

If you plan it as a two-day event rather than a three day with a specific
Legoland day, no doubt it would.  I only mentioned Legoland because others
had already (why do I get picked on?).  :-)

I'm replying to your reply to my reply of your reply, not picking on you.
;^)

Me, personally, I have a friend I'd enjoy visiting in Seattle - I have no
problem with it (beyond I wouldn't pick January as a good time to visit
Seattle).  I also mentioned rotating sites (which you cut out), as have
others.

I'm about 99.9999999% certain the Brickfest folks would tell us all to
"rotate" on the subject of moving their fest anywhere. :^)

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego(R) Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego