 Castle / 9947
Re: Brickfest Pics Castle Room
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 20:06:17 GMT

KK,
Thanks, (in particular to my CWCS) for getting a really good picture of my
walls. It was very gratifying to meet you (finally) and all the others in
Castle World (though some I have met before) and all the characters that
inhabit CW.

My sincerest apologize to any and all that wanted me to stay and focus on
CW. Unfortunately my interests and time are continually divided in many
disciplines and areas of interests.

  Looking at all the wonderful work there at 'The Gathering,' I realize that
my CWS will have to change. It was my intention originally to just update
the castle wall system that Lego initially created, and to integrate some of
that style into something more useful, and had more playability. I could see
that I was outclassed. I'll be developing a new system soon. Hopefully
before 'BF3-2002' comes into being. It will be uncertain to me whether or
not my time will be as thin next year, as it was this last weekend. We shall
see.

Rich

--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not necessarily express the
views of my employer...)

BRICKFEST 2002 IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER... START MAKING PLANS TODAY.

Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Castle/1334
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****
In lugnet.castle, Kung-Khoon Quah writes:
Just uploaded some pics mostly of the Castle Room (best room IMHO)
at Brickfest 2001 and I confined myself with the best pics
and those I can identify the creators so ...

The medieval village was a huge success in my opinion and
is shown in previous posting my Erik Olson
http://news.lugnet.com/castle/?n=9933

The village was a great mix of many creators who found time
to put in wonderful details that can only be seen in person.
Also another plus for Brickfest is that I was present in
the Castle Room Saturday morning when people were still
working on putting in their creations and it was a pleasure
to be able to ask the individual creators to explain details
and to open up the many levels/floors or side hinges to see
even more details of interiors.
You can tell we are such maniacs as even the trees and variety
of great looking trees were lovingly created.
What an ensemble performance!
Bravo to all involved and it was a pleasure meeting so many
of you !!

Please don't be mad I did not include all since I am
concentrating on those I remember the best and where I have
really good pictures.

Here are some details I remember.  They are:
Airship by Nathan McDowell (missed meeting you)

Archery Range by Garrett Taylor (Garrett also did a superb
  rendition of the yurt campsite and ploughed fields using
  the yucky brown Droid Fighter #7111 piece )

Blue Castle by Troy Cefaratti (this can only be appreciated
  when you know the outer walls are 3 layers of blue slope 75 2x2
  and one inner layer is the also uses the blue slope 75.
  Commence feeling awestruck now !!! )

Castle using Castle Wall Component System by Richard Schamus
  (modular castle pieces that fit together to give organic look)

Castle the Gathering Feast Hall by Jeff Stembel  (huge heaps of
  kudos for the concept of getting all the minifigs of all major
  storyline characters and putting them in the same "room" and
  the feast hall was a work of art just beautiful - will wait
  for someone to post pics with the roof on.
  Also my minifigs from the East (Himeji castle builder) Terumasa
  Ikeda and Lady Ikeda appear on CWG3.jpg far right.  Terumasa and
  Lady expresses gratitude to be able to sit and feast with other
  castle minifig luminaries and says "Doomo arigato gozaimasu"
  and next time please provide some sushi.)  8-)

Two pics of the General Q&A session on Saturday morning with Brad Justus
  (quite a jolt if you came late and walked into a room full of
   lego maniacs just like yourself - over 100)

Himeji Castle and Lego Trebuchet (red & yellow) by KK Quah

San Francisco Mosaic by Eric Harshbarger (also in pic Henry Lim, Kevin Loch)

Ninja Water Castle with 2 Japanese boats by Joel Hart
  (Joel is a fellow ninja fan and some of his best work can't be
   seen are the interiors of the castle and some nice work on the
   stone throwing chutes of the castle)

KK Quah

PS glad Brickshelf is finally up. Phew !!