 CAD / Development / 7697
Re: Ldglite bug report (Was: Portable Ldraw system)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 05:15:52 GMT

Got to play with it some more today, some jumbled notes follow...

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse writes:
It looks like the nasty flickering pointer is a common problem in
Windows 2000.  Go to the Control Panel/Mouse/Pointer tab and uncheck
Enable Pointer Shadow.  Apparently this little piece of eye candy
expects to use Alpha blending hardware, and when it's not available,
it goes berserk.  Anyhow, disabling it solved many of the problems
on this laptop.  I don't think this is opengl specific, but I
could be wrong.

Ok, I changed this and the effect is like night and day.  Thanks!

I think I'm using the L3P parser.  No parser options given, exe is named
ldglite.exe.  WHOOPS I'm not, -l3 gives completely different behavior.  ok,
gotcha, rambling on ahead now...

I like the L3P-like camera command-line options, except they don't seem to
work.  Specifically, I'm using -cgx,y,z (is that x,y,z or lat,long,dist?)
and -cox,y,z -- no matter what values I give the -cg the view never changes
(or changes just slightly?)  This happens both with and without a -a option.
Similarly, the -co doesn't seem to be moving the model origin.  Tested with
both the release version and the "silver beta" version.

When you start up the window, is it possible to place it centered on-screen?
It always comes up with the upper-left at 0,0 on my monitor, which places
its title bar smack-dab underneath my task bar.  Right-clicking on its
taskbar entry to get to the "Move" menu item is tricky, due to the tooltip
causing the redraw.  :-,

I really like the -q option -- especially when I can catch it in mid-draw so
that it clears the screen just when it starts drawing the line edges.  This
is a nifty effect -- how about an option to draw *just* the line edges?

That's all I have tonight.  Playing with the -fh, -W and -q settings, and
the rendering is just gorgeous.  Wish I could position the camera quickly.

Cheers,
- jsproat