 CAD / Development / 7680
Re: Yet another idea - Portable Ldraw system
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 13:34:03 GMT

--- Dan Boger <dan@peeron.com> wrote:
[snip]
or just write a syntax file for vim? I was a hard
core emacs fan, but
after years and years, I did switch to vi (well
vim)... While it might
not do *everything* emacs does, it does most
everything else, and a
lot faster :)

Um, actually, I released a Vim syntax file a few weeks
ago on vim.org; I've just been a little delinquent in
its advertising. I was inspired to create one when
Jacob posted to .cad asking about tools, other than
Emacs, that offered LDraw syntax highlighting. I've
only used it on Windoze (I just got my Linux box up
last weekend), but it should be okay on Linux.

I believe Vim could have the same ability to do the
Bezier curve generation as Emacs, especially since
people write utilities and games for Vim. How, is
beyond me at this moment as I've not even looked it
yet.

--Jack
AFOL, St. Louis