 CAD / Development / 7679
Re: Yet another idea - Portable Ldraw system
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 13:22:32 GMT

It seem that u all want to have ldraw, l3p, and pov-ray in linux and not in
dos and win 31 or up but with low requirememts now if u are all ready
going to do a linux distro ready for user of ldraw that don't want to fight
with linux then I whould like to know want distro should I use for learning
linux while u all do this ldraw/linux thing.

And please I don't want mandrake or and big distro one small and easy to learn.

In lugnet.cad.dev, Dan Boger writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev (and 1 other group), Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
And by the way, since we're in o-t.geek: vi? blech! At least emacs
has the ldraw-mode syntax highlighting.

But Emacs needs Ctrl-X to save files. And Ctrl-X closes an XModem
connection, so this poor guy who started using Unix more than ten
years ago over and XModem connection had to use something else than
Emacs for editing files. And now `vi` is one of my acknowledged bad
habits. I seriously try to improve, but it is hard.

or just write a syntax file for vim? I was a hard core emacs fan, but
after years and years, I did switch to vi (well vim)... While it might
not do *everything* emacs does, it does most everything else, and a
lot faster :)

Dan