 CAD / Development / 7729
Re: Ldglite bug report (Was: Portable Ldraw system)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 21:56:42 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Speaking of lines, when I use -W20 the ends of each line segment is capped
by a square which is the same color as the line but 2 or 3 times as wide.
The net result is that pieces with many line segments (curves for example)
have a very "spiky" look.  Is there any way to smooth these out?
I'm not sure what I can do about that.  Opengl only does flat ended wide
lines, so I draw the endpoints at what should be the appropriate width
to smooth them out.  Apparently your driver draws the points as squares
instead of circles.  I wonder if this is a common problem.  Probably,
since you're using the generic driver...

I tried this on a quasi-high-end machine, same DAT and options, same
results.

I applied the fix Travis pointed out, and it seems to smooth out
some of the bumpies in antialiased mode with wide lines on my PC.
Give it a try:

  http:\\ldglite.sourceforge.net\ldgliteexe_test.zip

I also noticed that the opengl drivers seem to top out their wide line
support at less than 12 pixels.  Nuts.

Don