 CAD / Development / 7735
Re: Ldglite bug report (Was: Portable Ldraw system)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 15:01:53 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse writes:
Hmmm, how'd that get in the makefile?  Did you grab the latest makefile
out of CVS or something like that?

Actually, the makefile was straight from ldglitesrc0_9_5.zip

I think so.  I supply a prebuilt zlib and libpng for windows in the
source distribution zip file.  I can't remember if I built them myself
or maybe grabbed them from the gimp for windows binaries.

I ended up having to rebuild libpng and libz because I was hitting against
an "unresolved __imp__iob" linker error with the libpng supplied in
ldglitesrc0_9_5.zip.  Evidently, this is a known mingw issue, and their
(hard to find) solution is "make sure you never ever change your compiler
version".  :-P  FWIW, I'm using the stock mingw-1.1 build on a clean win2k box.

So anyway, I've been taking notes on my build process, about the (very
minimal) changes I've had to make.  I can publish them now if you want, or
if you'll be coming out with a newer version soon then it might be a moot point.

They certainly
don't have the latest security patches, but who cares if you're running
Windows.

LOL!  Too true...

Cheers,
- jsproat