 CAD / Development / 7725
Re: Ldglite bug report (Was: Portable Ldraw system)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 24 Aug 2002 00:44:46 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Speaking of lines, when I use -W20 the ends of each line segment is capped
by a square which is the same color as the line but 2 or 3 times as wide.
The net result is that pieces with many line segments (curves for example)
have a very "spiky" look.  Is there any way to smooth these out?
I'm not sure what I can do about that.  Opengl only does flat ended wide
lines, so I draw the endpoints at what should be the appropriate width
to smooth them out.  Apparently your driver draws the points as squares
instead of circles.  I wonder if this is a common problem.  Probably,
since you're using the generic driver...

I tried this on a quasi-high-end machine, same DAT and options, same
results.  Here's the l3glite output:

ZClip = (-1000, 4000)
GL_VERSION = 1.2.1
GL_EXTENSIONS = GL_ARB_multitexture GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_ARB_texture_cu
be_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL
_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_compiled_verte
x_array GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_paletted_texture GL_EXT_poi
nt_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_separate_specu
lar_color GL_EXT_shared_texture_palette GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_EXT_texture_compr
ession_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_env_
combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_EXT_texture_filter_an
isotropic GL_EXT_texture_lod GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EX
T_vertex_array GL_EXT_vertex_weighting GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_KTX_buf
fer_region GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_fence GL_NV_fog_distance GL_NV_light_max_exp
onent GL_NV_register_combiners GL_NV_texgen_emboss GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV
_texture_env_combine4 GL_NV_vertex_array_range GL_S3_s3tc GL_SGIS_multitexture G
L_SGIS_texture_lod GL_WIN_swap_hint WGL_EXT_swap_control GL_Autodesk_valid_back_
buffer_hint
GL_VENDOR ='NVIDIA Corporation'
GL_RENDERER ='GeForce2 GTS/PCI/3DNOW!'
GL_RGBA_BITS: (8, 8, 8, 8)
GL_DEPTH_BITS = 24
GL_STENCIL_BITS = 0
The GL_KTX_buffer_region extension is available
The GL_KTX_f1 = 06E24480
The GL_KTX_f2 = 06E24590
The GL_KTX_f3 = 06E24BC0
The GL_KTX_f4 = 06E252A0
The GL_KTX_f5 = 06E25810
glBufferRegionEnabled() = 1
Stencil buffer disabled for XOR with NVIDIA driver.
Buffer Swap Mode = 4
Generating 6400 by 4800 image file...

etc...

Cheers,