 CAD / Development / 7738
Re: Ldglite bug report (Was: Portable Ldraw system)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sun, 25 Aug 2002 20:03:06 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Don Heyse writes:
If you want an easy way to grab the latest stuff from CVS, I recently
put the CVS executable I use, and a batch file to fetch the entire CVS
archive for ldglite here:
ldglite.sf.net/cvswin.zip

Cool, thanks.  I've never had much luck with windows and cvs and
sourceforge, so your batch file should prove to be useful in snarfing the
latest source.

You might as well play with the latest stuff.  It's been a while since
the last release.

Again, thanks.  Does it include the latest changes you made for the line
endcaps?

So anyway, I've been taking notes on my build process, about the (very
minimal) changes I've had to make.  I can publish them now if you want, or
if you'll be coming out with a newer version soon then it might be a moot point.
I'd like to see those notes whenever you think they're ready.  I have no
idea when I'll be ready for a new release.  Like I said, I'm running out
of numbers before 1.0 and I'm still not happy with the GUI.

Well, here's what I logged so far:

download and install mingw32

- download MinGW-1.1.tar.gz from http://www.mingw.org/download.shtml
- install as directed; make sure that mingw-1.1\bin is in your PATH
- note: I installed mine in \mingw-1.1\

download, compile and install zlib

- download source code from http://www.gzip.org/zlib/
- note: I placed mine in \projects\zlib\ (rename directory zlib-1.1.4\ to
zlib\)
- make -f nt\makefile.gcc
- for ldglite, you don't need to install zlib; it'll get picked up when you
build libpng

download, compile and install libpng

- download source code from http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/libpng.html
- note: I placed mine in \projects\lpng24\
- make -f scripts\makefile.gcc
- copy png.h to \mingw-1.1\include\
- copy libpng.a to \mingw-1.1\lib\

download and install glut headers and libraries

- download glheaders.zip from ldglite page
- move .lib files to \mingw-1.1\lib\
- move .h files to \mingw-1.1\include\GL\

download and compile ldglite

- download ldglitesrc0_9_5.zip from ldglite page
- note: I put mine in \projects\ldglite\
- note: I had to recompile libpng and libz because I kept getting a linker
error for "__imp__iob"
- remove glfont.c from the src list
- not necessary, but you may want to change the "cp ldglite.exe *" commands
to "copy ldglite.exe *"
- make

wish list:

- L3View.cpp, function DrawPart()
   - linetype 3 and 4 render in constant color (can be bg color) -- see
render_triangle() in switch (LinePtr->LineType) case 3 -- see render_quad()
in switch (LinePtr->LineType) case 4
   - color 24 can be same as color 16 -- see switch (LinePtr->Color)
   - amaze your CAD friends with tron-like graphics, among other things!  --
see http://www.sproat.us/l3glite-tron.png

- jitter in render_line, may cause sketch effects! -- see
http://www.sproat.us/l3glite-sketch.png
    - number of jitter lines, from 0+
    - endpoint jitter factor
    - random number seed