 CAD / Development / 7677
Re: Yet another idea - Portable LDraw system
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:07:07 GMT

Leonardo Zide wrote:

  I tried to get LeoCAD into Debian last year with the help of a Debian
devel but they were too scared of adding the library without a license

Exactly.

I even have .deb packages ready

Great.

> but they won't be included without a final library
license.

Yes. We better get around to decide on the license for the
library. What was the last version we discussed? And why
didn't we just use it? Maybe we should simply copy the
modified copy of the zlib license that Dan posted on
"lugnet.cad.mlcad" recently[1]. Are there any parts
developers who will not accept to put their parts under the
zlib license?

Play well,

Jacob

1) http://news.lugnet.com/cad/mlcad/?n=1377