 CAD / Development / 7698
Re: DAT files: Do No Harm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 17:08:27 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

On 21-Aug-2002, "Erik Olson" <erik@olson.pair.com> wrote:

3. Keep the exact part filename specified, even if slightly different on
host computer (example: when shield.dat maps to SHIELD.dat, or even
shield.ldr)
4. Preserve indentation, maybe even try to mimic it when a new part is
inserted to a step (as in pyramid.dat which has indentation)

These 2 are the 2 biggest problems I have with MLCAD.

For some reason MLCad changes the filename in the NAME comment block to an
.ldr extension even if the source file is .dat.  As more of a part author
than a model builder, this is very annoying.

MLCad also destroys any blank lines in a file, gets rid of any 0 lines
without a comment, and destroys indentation.  I realised this after
carefully formatting my DAT file only to have my formatting completely wiped
out by MLCad.

Keep in mind that these are only very minor annoyances and not major flaws
in the program

-Orion