 CAD / Development / 7700
Re: DAT files: Do No Harm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 17:32:40 GMT

"Erik Olson" <erik@olson.pair.com> writes:

1. Do no harm: never change a line unless it really has been edited

I would go for this.  If a line is indeed edited, then I would
preserve it's indentation, but remove trailing decimal zeros, and
possibly clean up other things, like changing "-0" to "0".  If the
file has any exponential notation, e.g, "2e1", then I would change it
into decimal.  I don't think I would change the case of the part name.
For example, I would preserve "SHIELD.dat", if that's what is
originally in the file.

Fredrik