 CAD / Development / 7704
Re: DAT files: Do No Harm
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 22 Aug 2002 18:24:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Dan Boger writes:
In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
1. Do no harm: never change a line unless it really has been edited

Yes!

does this include "don't add any new lines unless they're intentional"?  As
in, a program shouldn't add (and forgive me if this is incorrect dat format):

0 edited by dan with DatZap on Tuesday

:)

Dan

Yes, we seem to see a lot of this sort of thing these days.

  0 ROTATION CENTER 0 0 0 1 "Custom"

I'd say leave it out unless it's actually being used.  My guess
is most of the time it's not.

Don