 CAD / *36025 (-100)
  Re: Click-Rotation Parts

(...) Hello, I've made a common primitive for the click rotation socket parts. See (URL) of them share only the inner cogwheel. So I made a quarter of them. See (URL) I need a name (title) and a partname for that. Please make suggestions. So it's (...) (20 years ago, 13-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Question on part naming

(...) I was just surfing lego.com and came across the new tutorials. In one of the pages, a similar although much simpler question than yours was asked and answered. (URL) almost wanted to port you question for the experts at lego.com to answer. (...) (20 years ago, 13-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Question on part naming

I noticed some inconsistancy in the naming of some of the wedge parts. Some are named with the smaller number first, and others are named with the numbers placed to match the numbers used on bricks based on the X and Z axes. For example, 41765 is (...) (20 years ago, 12-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: l3p -check without using l3p

Thanks guys, I believed there had to be some kind of easy fix to the problem (too stupid). Now I feel a lot more comfortable certifying parts! -NB (20 years ago, 12-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: l3p -check without using l3p

(...) Actually LDDP has a built in, full l3p check. You have to turn on the co-planarity checks under Tools->Options->Configuration Values -Orion (20 years ago, 12-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Re: l3p -check without using l3p

(...) LDAO can be used to run l3p -check without even seeing a command prompt ;) ROSCO (20 years ago, 11-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  l3p -check without using l3p

Just a quick question: Is there any programs that can give you a full l3p-check other than l3p? (I not old enough to have done anything but starting games from prompt ;-) ) It seems like LDDP is pretty close to do that but although it’s able to find (...) (20 years ago, 11-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev, FTX)

  Problems with lgeo and trans green

Here’s two problems that have been bothering me almost ever since I started raytracing, but now I simply have to have them fixed to get on with my webpage: First one: When I use L3PAO with the Lgeo library turned on (-lgeo –o) the resulting Pov-ray (...) (20 years ago, 11-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: My Latest Favorite Brickshelf Folder

(...) (URL) Nope>. (20 years ago, 11-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: My Latest Favorite Brickshelf Folder

(...) I was hoping that you'd somehow be able to get permission from TLC to use their logo-- it really makes the set image complete. I really think your work could be used as a valuable asset to the AFOL community and to TLC as well for that matter. (...) (20 years ago, 11-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: My Latest Favorite Brickshelf Folder

In lugnet.cad.dat.models, David Laswell wrote: In this and/or similar cases, (...) they'd just send a request to Brickshelf (i.e. Kevin, since they (...) contacting individuals through their Brickshelf accounts) to (...) the problem would sort (...) (20 years ago, 11-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Postscript output

(...) Has anyone gone anywhere with this? -Tim (20 years ago, 11-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Bow-tie quads in BFC-certified parts

(...) I've seen them in one official part, and one part on the tracker. But since I haven't really been looking for them, I'm guessing they exists in other parts. The main culprit appears to be pre-existing parts that were later BFC-certified. (Both (...) (20 years ago, 10-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Bow-tie quads in BFC-certified parts

(...) How often do you find bow-tied parts in BFC CERTIFY'd parts? I meant that's a real error that shouldn't be allowed by the parts tracker isn't it? Is there a rule that can be added to the checks done on the files that are submitted that will (...) (20 years ago, 10-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  47468 2 x 1.5 x 2/3 Sloped and Curved with Flair

Peeron does not have this in inventory. It's found as a leg or arm armour on all the good knights in Knights Kingdom. How do I ask Peeron to include this part in their inventory? This is going to be a fun part to author! (20 years ago, 10-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Parts with lengths

In lugnet.cad.dev, Kevin L. Clague wrote: [snip] nod, I agree with everything you wrote. (...) Long term (*very* long term), there's nothing to say the language can't be extended to allow a different linetype for parts-with-lengths. Steve (20 years ago, 10-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts with lengths

(...) Sure! Tattle on me so I get in trouble! Actually I've just been prototyping more compact part usages for hoses, using variable length cross sections instead of fixed length cross sections. (...) Kevin (20 years ago, 10-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  47457 2 x 2 x 2/3 Two Top Studs, Curved Slope End  [DAT]

What approach should I take to create the "Curved Slope End". Should I create a curved and slope line and surface primitive? The basis for this part file (version 2) is 41855 2 x 2 x 2/3 Slope Rounded. In the uploaded 47457v2.dat file, you'll see (...) (20 years ago, 10-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Bow-tie quads in BFC-certified parts

(...) It's funny how quickly I can forget the details of a complex task. For instance, I totally forgot about the NOCLIP BFC command (which can disable clipping for specific sub-sections of a file). Mind you, I implemented it, and believe that it (...) (20 years ago, 10-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, FTX)

  Bow-tie quads in BFC-certified parts

(Note that I'm sending followups to the lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw newsgroup alone, because that seems to be the appropriate group, but I think the audience of the lugnet.cad.dat.parts group should see this.) In the process of testing my next major (...) (20 years ago, 10-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: My Latest Favorite Brickshelf Folder

(...) Illegal? No, you can't be arrested or assigned a preset fine for using the LEGO logo. That's a trademark violation, not a crime. They could sue you, if you're dumb enough to push things that far. In this and/or similar cases, more likely (...) (20 years ago, 10-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.general)

  Re: My Latest Favorite Brickshelf Folder

"Jaco van der Molen" <jmolen@zonnet.nl> wrote in news:I3sI5w.4qu@lugnet.com: (...) Actually, after thinking it over, I suppose using the logo might make it seem like they are officially released pictures by TLC. I'm going to remove the logo and (...) (20 years ago, 10-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.general)

  Re: My Latest Favorite Brickshelf Folder

(...) Excellent suggestion. jacob.mckee@HOTDEATH...a.lego.com (ignore my editorial caps:-) Drop him a line. I think it would be cool to have them integrated into the Brickshelf instructions somehow-- if nothing more than a link. Brickshelf, BTW, has (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: Click-Rotation Parts

(...) Ah, I see! I'm observing a Knight at the moment. 48171 and 48170 represent the two ways that the cup-shaped cogged sub-part is rotated. Shoulder and hip joints are the same as 48170. Elbow and knees are like 48171. The one slightly different (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: My Latest Favorite Brickshelf Folder

(...) Our opinions don't matter as much as LEGO opinions do, in my opinion. You could always ask Jake to get you a favorable ruling... Thanks again for sharing these, whatever the final outcome may be. (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: My Latest Favorite Brickshelf Folder

"Jaco van der Molen" <jmolen@zonnet.nl> wrote in news:I3sI5w.4qu@lugnet.com: (...) Since I'm using virtual Lego bricks to 'build' these renders, I wanted to put the Lego name somewhere in the pictures. Since I'd be doing that, I thought it was just (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.general)

  Re: Parts with lengths

(...) I think Kevin's done some work on the code that hasn't been uploaded to the CVS repository so the current CVS source may be out of synch. -Orion (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: My Latest Favorite Brickshelf Folder

(...) Not if he secured permission (which he probably didn't). TLC would be within their rights to have him remove their logo, but I wouldn't be surprised if TLC let it slide. His work is obviously fantastic and is only a positive reflection upon (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Parts with lengths

(...) Just in case, the source code for lsynth is here. (URL) the CVS Repository link for instructions on how to fetch it all, or follow the Browse CVS link if you only want to examine it. Have fun, Don (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: My Latest Favorite Brickshelf Folder

Great work! But... isn't the use of the LEGO logo illegal? Jaco "John" <John@TCLTC.org> schreef in bericht news:I3p0MC.1LLy@lugnet.com... (...) on (...) (URL) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.general)

  Re: Parts with lengths

(...) Jindroush, True length is a topic that is near the top of the list for LSynth. Orion and I talked about it at BrickFest. There is at least one implementation out there by Frederick Glockner (using emacs) that supports true length. Since LSynth (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts with lengths (lsynth?)

(...) Yeah, exactly this. I knew I couldn't be the first to think about it ;-) Jindroush (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts with lengths (lsynth?)

(...) You know, this did actually come up before in the context of lsynth. This post from 2 years ago mentions LENGTH and UNITS options for the lsynth meta commands. (URL) think it's been mentioned since then as well. In my opinion that's probably (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Click-Rotation Parts

(...) The cogs weren't the problem. The problem ist the junction between the primitive and the part. Where does the primitive end and where does the part begins? Not every part has the same junction to the primitive. For example: The rotation-offset (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Click-Rotation Parts

(...) Huummm, I'll see if my Lego Camera can do some justice to the click-rotation parts. Otherwise, I'm going to have to wait till I can get back to the Portland State University Media Lab. I'm looking into the part at 10x and the wavy cogs on (...) (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: My Latest Favorite Brickshelf Folder

(...) Oh, and PS, welcome to LUGNET, and don't be shy about announcing your new additions:-) JOHN (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: My Latest Favorite Brickshelf Folder

(...) Awesome! I will! JOHN (20 years ago, 9-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: Parts with lengths

(...) i haven't suggested that. We don't have separate part file for every known color, but instead, there is part and color info in the dat. I think the length should be put in somewhat similar way in the dat, so that it could be easily extracted (...) (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Panel/Castle Wall 3 x 8 x 6 (p/n 48490)

This is the new castle wall section in the Knights Kingdom 2 sets (eg sets 8779, 8780, 8781, 8799) I've uploaded the DAT file for this to the Parts Tracker. The file is usable as is, but needs a few minor details adding around the window apature (...) (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: My Latest Favorite Brickshelf Folder

(...) I've looked at these and they are cool renderings. Not only that, but it looks like you're also publishing the MPD's as well. The published MPD's are the best part. You rock! Jeff (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.general)

  Re: My Latest Favorite Brickshelf Folder

"John" <John@TCLTC.org> wrote in news:I3p0MC.1LLy@lugnet.com: (...) Thanks :) Actually, when I started out a month or two ago, my goal was to model and render every space set. But soon I got distracted by other nice sets, and started doing those (...) (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.general)

  Re: Click-Rotation Parts

(...) Hi, thanks. Maybe you could scan or photograph all the click- rotation parts from every side. So I could see, what's the best generalization for the primitives. CU Bernd (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Radiosity example (F1 Ferrari) once again

Very nice work! Those radiosity settings are the BOMB. Your Ferrari render is undoubtebly the best render I have ever seen. I'm still debating whether or not it's real :) Could you please send me the high-res version of the image? Thanks. Is the (...) (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: My Latest Favorite Brickshelf Folder

(...) I take that back. He did respond. Apparently he's a lurker here on lugnet -Orion (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Re: My Latest Favorite Brickshelf Folder

(...) I'm not sure. I Emailed this person a couple of days ago and have recieved no reply. -Orion (20 years ago, 8-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.general, FTX)

  My Latest Favorite Brickshelf Folder

Who are you and what are your intentions? I love your work! Do you plan on rendering ALL sets??? :-d (URL) JOHN (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.general, FTX) !

  Re: LPub - background images for pages, PLIs and BOMs.

(...) Trying to do this may of course completely blow away how I render part list images with background images. (...) Kevin (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub - background images for pages, PLIs and BOMs.

(...) A quick search of the POV newsgroups yielded this suggestion: (URL) (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LPub - background images for pages, PLIs and BOMs.

(...) I believe that the general answer is yes, it is possible to take a jpg, gif, or bmp and place it into a rendered scene. One way it can be done is with texturemapping onto a rectangle. What you would presumably need to do then is position and (...) (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  LPub - background images for pages, PLIs and BOMs.

Hi, I've got a mask generation facility working pretty well for partial assembly images. The technique I use is to add the concept of chromakey color. I render the image with chromakey color (user selectable) as the background color. I then examine (...) (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts with lengths

(...) I don't think making a separate part file for every known length of a part is the right approach, for at least two different reasons. First, it would significantly increase the number of parts in the LDraw library, making it that much harder (...) (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Click-Rotation Parts

(...) I have all the large Knights and would be happy to help. Actually, they belong to my wife. She is currently trying to design Lego horses for all the knights. She's been at me to get the dats for the whole set. Be it known that my Beloved is (...) (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Click-Rotation Parts

(...) OK, maybe I'll take a look at it. CU Bernd (20 years ago, 7-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Click-Rotation Parts

(...) Not to my knowledge. Please consider creating primitives for the reusable sections, but drop Steve Bliss and I a note (to parts@ldraw.org) to get agreement on the primitive names before uploading. Thanks, Chris (20 years ago, 6-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Click-Rotation Parts

(...) hinge arms, but the TECHNIC C-R hinges (Super Battle Droid, Cahdok/Gahdok, Exo-Toa), Galidor C-R hinges, and System (Designer/Knights Kingdom) C-R hinges all use the same basic rotational hinge interface geometry. The Galidor C-R sockets, (...) (20 years ago, 6-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Click-Rotation Parts

(...) And Knights' Kingdom large figures. Also, most Galidor parts use click-rotation hinges, although I'm not sure if the connection uses the same geometry as, e.g., (URL) For examples look here: (...) (URL) TWS Garrison (URL) capital letters in (...) (20 years ago, 6-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Minifig heads with torus primitives

(...) I'm pretty sure he was talking about the Y axis there. The original face geometry had the same number of segments around the Y axis, but only two segments in the Y axis, while the torus primitives have 4 segments in the Y axis. As far as I can (...) (20 years ago, 6-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Technic Gear 36 tooth double bevel

(...) OK I've done a quick mock-up and uploaded it to the parts tracker (URL) here>.I don't consider it finished, but it's definitely usable. I doubt I will spend any time on it in the forseeable future, so if anyone wants to tidy it up, please feel (...) (20 years ago, 6-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Minifig heads with torus primitives

(...) Cool. I referenced this previous discussion: (URL) 5183> and this one: (URL) 5187> The faces themselves are still on the faceted cylinder, and moving them over would be a LOT of work, I would imagine. But I guess my question is this: are the (...) (20 years ago, 5-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Click-Rotation Parts

Hello, does somebody is working on the Click-Rotation parts? They appears in the 2004 Designer-Sets. For examples look here: (URL) Technic Bricks 2 x 2 with Hole and Rotation Joint) CU Bernd (20 years ago, 5-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Minifig heads with torus primitives

There's been some discussion in the past about updating the 3626 parts to use the torus primitives. Well, here they are (at least for some of the patterns), now these files just need reviews on the parts tracker. (2 URLs) I haven't uploaded all of (...) (20 years ago, 4-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Great LDraw work on Brickshelf and a Request

I've been surfing Brickshelf for LDraw renderings to use in a project I'm working on. I've found some great stuff: (URL) Some of these galleries I've seen before and some I haven't. If you are g2, Koyan, KillerMoth26, Widdi, obijon, or Kapuklak (or (...) (20 years ago, 3-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, lugnet.people) !

  Re: Wanted DAT-elements from set 7044 - Mr. Paul Easter to the rescue please! ;)

(...) This is on a list of things I might work on. Stay tuned. -Orion (20 years ago, 3-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad)

I think we should have a "wanted" part list, which contains the popularity of the items and who are currently working on. Maybe it exists somewhere... "Burkhard Schloemer" <primus@NOSPAMbrickc...ander.com> wrote in message (...) (20 years ago, 3-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Wanted DAT-elements from set 7044 - Mr. Paul Easter to the rescue please! ;)

(...) I will see what I can squeeze in. My time is pretty short right now for Ldraw. I try to read the postings at least once a week. There are a few projects I have been thinking on, but have not started yet, also several other parts that are (...) (20 years ago, 3-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad)

  MEGA-POV 1.1

Hi All, I added support to LPub for POV-Ray 3.5 and 3.6. I was trying to use MEGA-POV 1.1, but it seems to have stopped supporting the find_edges facility. Anyone know how to do the find_edges in these newer renderers. Kevin (20 years ago, 2-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Parts with lengths

Hi Jindrich, I actually think this belongs in cad.dev, because this is a software issue, more than a part issue. LSynth for example is a flexible part synthesizer. The parts are made up of a whole bunch of part cross sections. Software has to count (...) (20 years ago, 2-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Parts with lengths

Hi, were there some discussions about incorporating part lengths into the part properties? I mean hoses, strings, cables, tubes etc. The length is an important property when it comes to making an inventory, but I think it's important also for (...) (20 years ago, 2-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Wanted DAT-elements from set 7044 - Mr. Paul Easter to the rescue please! ;)

Time, new partsauthors, and reviewers is wanted as well, so why not try out yourself? I know that curved parts is probably very difficult to make (I stay clear of those for the time being), but the plate should be a managable first project... And (...) (20 years ago, 2-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Blender LDraw support

I added a feature to automatically generate contour lines for exported objects, and reexported my 6575 model. I'm not sure it's quite the way it should be yet. Also set up a wiki page where I'd appreciate suggestions and questions. The wiki will be (...) (20 years ago, 2-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Wanted DAT-elements from set 7044 - Mr. Paul Easter to the rescue please! ;)

I’m looking for DAT/LDR-files of these new elements (URL) set "7044 Rescue Helicopter" (2004 release): 45705 Windscreen top 6 x 10 x 2 47406 Windscreen bottom 6 x 10 x 2 47407 wedged plate 4 x 6 They have not yet been created, as far as I know. (...) (20 years ago, 2-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad)

  Technic Gear 36 tooth double bevel

Hi all, Just wondering re this part: Is anyone working on it? If not I'll give it a go, but it will only be a basic mock-up Does anyone know what the part number is? I can't see any number on it, but I can't see any number on the 20 tooth double (...) (20 years ago, 2-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  August's Winners for LDraw.org's MOTM and SOTM Contests

Congratulations to the winners of the August Model/Scene of the month contests: (URL) MOTM, Tom Kimsey, A-71 "Razorback" Heavy Attack Fighter> (URL) SOTM, Neils Bugge, Cityscape 2: Hearse / Vertical City> The voting for the September Model of the (...) (20 years ago, 2-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.announce, FTX)

  a better mockup for part # 45708

this is just a mockup. for ldraw viewing (URL) (20 years ago, 1-Sep-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Parts vs subparts for compound parts

(...) That's why I want to know for sure what to do for new authored parts. (I can't always look how existing parts were done, as these may not be conform to current rules, like you said.) (...) Many windows have just a simple rectangular glass (...) (20 years ago, 31-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Parts vs subparts for compound parts

(...) There isn't always a flat rule for every case. And we'e got plenty of 'legacy' files that don't conform to current rules. (...) Generally, a unique number for each file. If we don't know any of the numbers, then we might use s-suffixes on a (...) (20 years ago, 31-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Lights on the wall

(...) OK Thanks, I'll remember that (BTW you've forgotten to insert your name as author in MLCad's general settings; a nice thing if you ever want to publish your files...). (...) If you move the model in MLCad and make a new POV-file, you can just (...) (20 years ago, 31-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Parts vs subparts for compound parts

Several parts consist of several bits, like metal connectors for electric parts and glass for windows and doors and compound housing (e.g. top and bottom housing). How should all the various bits be named and where should they be stored? (In (...) (20 years ago, 31-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Where have maxi gone?

(...) Thanks Don. I sure you're right. I thought they already were in the LDraw library. By the way, does anyone know how long maxifigs have been around? I'm beginning to feel that at the rate we're going, we would never catch up with all the new (...) (20 years ago, 31-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Lights on the wall

(...) Well, it got me out of the rut with it, and trying different things. (...) The fog mainly. (...) I did it piece by piece. Fortunaltey the pov file was created from an mpd model, so the walls were easy to pick out. All I did was add a 'finish' (...) (20 years ago, 31-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Where have maxi gone?

(...) I think some of the parts may not be official yet. Look here and at the prev and next links. (URL) that what you're looking for? Have fun, Don (20 years ago, 30-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Lights on the wall

Glad it helped, although I'm not quite sure how ;-) (...) Helpfile, fog or diffusion? (...) I guess I have some homework to do, but could you please show or send me the bit of code where you change the brilliance locally (all materials seems to be (...) (20 years ago, 30-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Lights on the wall

(...) I think you're right. (...) That seemed to help. (...) Tried that and it didn't make a lot of difference. (...) Nup. After a bit more reading of the helpfile and trying different things, the one that made the most difference was adjusting the (...) (20 years ago, 30-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.ray, FTX)

  Re: Does this part exist - if so where...

(...) ah, I love this piece. but when I say love it's not an orgasmic "Oh my god this is the best piece Lego have ever created and it is so useful in so many ways" love. It's a "wow, this is a cool piece" love. ANYWAY I believe that the Trans Blue (...) (20 years ago, 29-Aug-04, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Does this part exist - if so where...

(...) Thanks, AHui Nope had never seen them other than in Gray! WoW... Now if I can just get one.. =) (20 years ago, 29-Aug-04, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Does this part exist - if so where...

(...) (URL) Peeron> lists them in dark blue with a bunch of Exploriens sets and an Insectoids set, and in light blue with one Paradisa and one Time Twisters set. (...) Really? You haven't seen the white ones used for the rocket in last year's Saturn (...) (20 years ago, 29-Aug-04, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  Does this part exist - if so where...

I saw this on brickshelf: (URL) very nice bacta tank design: simple & to the point. My question in what set does the see-thru blue cylinder 2x4x4 part. I have only seen then in gray and with deisgns on them. Thanks -AHui A&M LWorks (URL) (20 years ago, 29-Aug-04, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  LDraw Design Pad (LDDP) 1.5.5 Released

LDraw Design Pad (LDDP) is a tool for editing and handling LDraw files in a very comfortable way. Download it here: (URL) are: -Fully customizable editor with syntax highlighting -Open multiple files at the same time -Unlimited Undo/Redo -Use/define (...) (20 years ago, 29-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.announce)

  Re: Question about part 30147

(...) No it's not. Studs are for modelling studs only. (20 years ago, 28-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Question about part 30147

I just noticed that part 30147 does something that I haven't seen done in any other part. It uses the stud primitive in a way that is inside out. This causes a problem in LDView: (URL) Notice the Lego logos are mirrored in the headlight openings, (...) (20 years ago, 28-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, FTX)

  Re: Radiosity example (F1 Ferrari) once again

(...) Thanks. Here's my render using your settings: (URL) I love the rubber texture you created. (20 years ago, 28-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: Blender LDraw support

A little bit of extra work, and I'm ready (sort of) to present the first export capable edition. It outputs DAT or MPD files of the current scene, including STEP support. Script pack (since the script now is split in multiple files): (URL) of output (...) (20 years ago, 28-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Really BIG RP

Alas, someone beat me to the BIG LEGO idea.. Behold - the totally cool (URL) RP moonbuggy> Stratasys showed at SIGGRAPH this year, handled by L-PRIZE's own (URL) Tim Courtney>. Made of ABS, with some removable parts and rotating wheels. FYI, the (...) (20 years ago, 28-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: Challenge! Build Startrek ships to DS9 scale.

Sure! Do you have the bricks? ;-) Jaco "Mangudai" <templar_knight_ii@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht news:I2vnKx.19zn@lugnet.com... (...) Space (...) :-( (...) up for (...) (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.space)

  Re: Challenge! Build Startrek ships to DS9 scale.

OK. A rather new part. I do not have one. (...) sure (...) a (...) a (...) (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.build, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.space)

  Re: Radiosity example (F1 Ferrari) once again

Hi Orion, Am Freitag, den 27.08.2004, 00:14 +0000 schrieb Orion Pobursky: (...) Sure: - - - - 8< - - - - // Custom Black rubber color #declare Color256 = material { texture { pigment { rgbft <0, 0, 0, 0, 0> } normal { bumps .5 scale .20 turbulence (...) (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Where have maxi gone?

I believe there used to be a class for maxifigs in the Other>M folder. Now that I want to find them, I can't. Where are they, have they ever been or is maxi a 4-letter word unlike mini? (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: My Big Phat RP Parts

(...) Ouch, how embarrassing! Well, Ben, take back everything I said! LOL. Actually, I WAS thinking of the right Ben.. When I saw the post I linked to above, I thought.. Ben+Trains+Cool=BBB. How was I to know there was another possible solution to (...) (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: My Big Phat RP Parts

(...) Darrell, that's a different Ben. But I think LEGO ought to hire both of them. :-) (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

  Re: My Big Phat RP Parts

(...) Thanks, Ben! Coming from you that means a lot! (...) I would also be interested in other people's results/trials. I suppose in a perfect world we could laser scan the parts, but... I don't know how far we in parts.custom want to venture into (...) (20 years ago, 27-Aug-04, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.parts.custom, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact