 CAD / LDraw Files / Models / 2117
Re: My Latest Favorite Brickshelf Folder
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 20:52:00 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.models, Jaco van der Molen wrote:
   Great work! But... isn’t the use of the LEGO logo illegal?

Not if he secured permission (which he probably didn’t). TLC would be within their rights to have him remove their logo, but I wouldn’t be surprised if TLC let it slide. His work is obviously fantastic and is only a positive reflection upon the LEGO brand, and so perhaps no action will be taken.

But if TLC feels the need to assert their control, perhaps there can be some sort of arrangement made. I have had dealings with LEGO legal and I have found them to be reasonable and courteous people (how they got to be lawyers I’ll never know;-) It would really be a shame in my mind if he were asked to remove his work.

JOHN