 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5391
5390  |  5392
Subject:
Question about part 30147
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 2004 23:02:18 GMT

I just noticed that part 30147 does something that I haven’t seen done in any other part. It uses the stud primitive in a way that is inside out. This causes a problem in LDView:

Notice the Lego logos are mirrored in the headlight openings, due to the fact that we’re looking at the underside of the stud primitive. Is this an OK use of the stud.dat primitive? Note that I also had hard-coded the BFC behavior for studs in my next LDView release (to be outward facing), and I’ll have to undo that if the above is an acceptable use of the stud primitive.

--Travis Cobbs