 CAD / Development / 9849
Re: Parts with lengths (lsynth?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 12:53:11 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Jindrich Kubec wrote:
Steve Bliss wrote:
I don't think making a separate part file for every known length of a
part is the right approach, for at least two different reasons.

i haven't suggested that.

We don't have separate part file for every known color, but instead,
there is part and color info in the dat. I think the length should be
put in somewhat similar way in the dat, so that it could be easily
extracted for inventory purposes.

You know, this did actually come up before in the context of lsynth.
This post from 2 years ago mentions LENGTH and UNITS options for
the lsynth meta commands.

  http://news.lugnet.com/cad/dev/?n=8244

I think it's been mentioned since then as well.  In my opinion that's
probably the best way to track the overall length of a hose part.
Is that what you were looking for?  Perhaps it's time to revive the
discussion.

Don