 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5415
Re: Click-Rotation Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 22:17:57 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Bernd Broich wrote:

The cogs weren't the problem. The problem ist the junction between
the primitive and the part. Where does the primitive end and where
does the part begins?

Not every part has the same junction to the
primitive. For example: The rotation-offset at 48171
(http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/48171) has a little bit different
junction to the main-part as 48171 (http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/48170)

Thats why I wanted to have pics from all parts and all perspectives.
Because I want to make most common primitives.

CU Bernd

Ah, I see!  I'm observing a Knight at the moment. 48171 and 48170 represent the
two ways that the cup-shaped cogged sub-part is rotated.

Shoulder and hip joints are the same as 48170.  Elbow and knees are like 48171.
The one slightly different is the ankle joint,  It's completely recessed into
the foot, There isn't a half-cylinder extending from the cup.

Additionally, 47452 (upper-arm) 47431 (fore-arm & hands) 47454 (upper-leg) and
47432 (lower-leg) have a 12mm (outside diameter) double cylinder extending 10mm
at the other end. This looks like a good candidate for a sub-part. Adding it to
48170 will make it a 47452.

I had a chance to go to the faculty lab at PSU today to try to scan or take
pictures of the parts.  The Lab Assistant suggested going to the Mech Engr lab
where they have a better set-up to photograph models.  I'll try that next week.

:-)  Edwin