 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 5413
Re: Click-Rotation Parts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2004 07:27:43 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Bernd Broich wrote:
gypsy_fly wrote:
In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Bernd Broich wrote:

OK, maybe I'll take a look at it.

CU Bernd

I have all the large Knights and would be happy to help.

Hi, thanks. Maybe you could scan or photograph all the click-
rotation parts from every side. So I could see, what's the
best generalization for the primitives.

CU Bernd

Huummm,  I'll see if my Lego Camera can do some justice to the click-rotation
parts.  Otherwise, I'm going to have to wait till I can get back to the Portland
State University Media Lab.

I'm looking into the part at 10x and the wavy cogs on which the click-arm rides
is going to be a whooper!

This is where I wish we could have an authoring tool with a scripting language.
In this case, I imagine making one smooth cog then calling a repeat function to
create the rest of the cogs.

Maybe that's another one for the L Prize.