 Ambassadors / 235
Re: The Official "Issues List"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2007 18:50:06 GMT

Can this “Issues” list be a poll? I’d like a list of checkboxes for all that affect me or some way to select my Top Five.

1 and 2: Color quality and Mold quality are critical. I promoted Lego over other brands by word of mouth because of quality. I Don’t want to add Lego products of low quality into my collection.

For the same reason, I am surprised that the current U.S. shipping horrors has not made this list.

Several issues do affect my buying: •3 Does lack of global availability also mean that smaller toy stores cannot get any inventory because of the big chains? •5 It would be nice to rotate through Favorite themes, say every couple of years (Ninjas!) •6 As an army builder, I want more Minifig Packs. Throw a “Rare Figure” in each pack and TLG might tap into the Collectable Card market. •9 Female minifigs and parts are missing. I actually want my Creator Houses to be dollhouses.

While other issues are just bothersome to me: •4 Badly designed aliens is annoying. But, the ships are still cool. •7 Emphasis on Good and Evil has grown. I want Adventure to have more Emphasis than the Fight. •8 Aside from the video games, I don’t buy into much product Diversification. •11, 12, 13 It would be fair for outside the U.S. to get good pricing.

I will disagree on one. •10 Information Leaks are bad, but also good. Lego gets a lot of buzz from people talking about upcoming sets. TV, Movies, Comics, collectable toys and other products always desire good buzz. Showing it to dealers at toy shows or in catalogues makes it fair game for the public. Controlled leaks and hinting can create more buzz.

I too cannot see Black pieces in the instruction except under bright sunlight.

I too want 9V trains, but it is not #1 to me.