 Ambassadors / 196
Re: The Official "Issues List"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2007 15:09:31 GMT

In lugnet.ambassadors, Brian Davis wrote:
In lugnet.ambassadors, William R. Ward wrote:

There are no space or castle or any other genre that
does anything nearly as visible to the public eye as
train clubs.

FIRST LEGO League had "nearly 90,000 children participating
worldwide 8,846 teams" last year, and this year the projection
is for over 106,000 children.  [...]

Children.  Sorry I wasn't clear.  I was talking about AFOLs.

Why? Your thrust seemed to be the PR value of the 9V trains line - and PR value
is to the public, not just AFoLs (in fact, AFoLs, as has been discussed, seem to
make up a small percentage of the sales... although I personally seem to be
fighting that trend this year :-).

OK, to phrase things more accurately, of all the activities that AFOLs do, train
shows are the most visible to the public.  Joe made an interesting point about
BrickJournal, but I've always assumed that BrickJournal was "preaching to the
converted," not to the general public.