 Ambassadors / 209
Re: The Official "Issues List"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2007 04:57:08 GMT

In lugnet.ambassadors, Allister McLaren wrote:
   In lugnet.ambassadors, Kelly McKiernan wrote:

  • Ambassadors should be allowed to present more info from TLG to fans (this has not happened - there was a glimmer of hope, but it was extinguished)

What’s the story with this? Sounds like they’re passing up some very cheap, very targeted advertising opportunities there.

Somebody else explained it elsewhere in the thread - control. Some people within TLG are still gunshy about how and when and where information is released. And the time that I was able to announce something as an Ambassador, well, it didn’t go quite as planned. But I would really like to see more of a 2-way communication channel out from the Ambassadors, as that’s what I thought the program was going to be about when I was involved during the first three cycles.

Kelly