 Ambassadors / 226
Re: The Official "Issues List"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Thu, 2 Aug 2007 23:42:35 GMT

In lugnet.ambassadors, Scott Lyttle wrote:

Richie,

I don’t like to attack people, but I find your view of the 9V train issue not very becoming of a LEGO Ambassador.

What is it about my view that you don’t find very becoming? What is it that you think my view of 9V trains is?

   Because you do not purchase 9V trains does not mean that everyone else does not purchase 9V trains. I’m sure there are sets and themes you purchase that others do not.

Exactly!!! That’s why I said “But that’s just me as an individual. I can look at the bigger picture, and appreciate that the end of 9V trains would probably have an affect on a number of community members, and MAY alter their purchasing patterns and the stuff they build.”

In fact, I hope that we can all look at the bigger picture.

   That said, There are those who are very passionate about the 9V trains, and I’m sure they are trying to make their voice known, and demanding the 9V issue be top priority.

Yes!

   I do use the 9V trains, but I also buy several different sets, and I understand there is a priority queue. I think the 9V issue should be addressed, but may not need to be at top priority.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

   I think those who purchase 9V trains, at the very least, would like to know the official status of the 9V trains--it seems like the decision to proceed or end 9V trains by TLG is still one in a state of flux. A simple update on status would be very helpful.

Absolutely!

Cheers

Riche Dulin
LEGO Ambassador