 Ambassadors / 193
Re: The Official "Issues List"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2007 14:20:52 GMT

In lugnet.ambassadors, Anthony Sava wrote:

I have noticed, in the last six months or so, that retailers like TRU that used to carry things on their website like train motors and track, are no longer carrying train motors and track. First the items were marked ‘sold out’ or ‘not available online’ but recently they’ve disappeared from the websites entirely. A quick google search shows the only place to buy a new LEGO 9v train motor through retail is Shop at Home.

I’m not sure what it all means, but I’m sure it means something.

--Tony

Stores used to carry LEGO train sets on shelves, too. However, I don’t know if they were big sellers -- I got a 4561 Railway Express at Target for 50% off.

TRU always has a good LEGO selection, but I haven’t even seen any of the RC train sets there, let alone a 9V set. IMHO LEGO has done a poor job of marketing their trains -- how many times have you heard people say “I didn’t know LEGO made trains”? LEGO has had trains since the 1960s but no one knows this. At the very least the RC sets should be in regular stores -- they’re at least in a more reasonable price range for average consumers.