 Ambassadors / 205
Re: The Official "Issues List"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2007 22:42:41 GMT

In lugnet.ambassadors, Nelson Yrizarry wrote:
   In lugnet.ambassadors, Jonathan Wilson wrote:
   I wish they would go back to the days when the picture on the box was an actual photograph of the set and not a computer rendering at all.

Excellent idea friend.

Please, let’s not turn this thread into a “Wish List”, okay? (We all have those.)

Instead, please focus on our listed “issues”, or suggest something that was not covered in the list - especially anything that impacts very large groups of (or all) LEGO fans; be it national or international. Thanks!

In my opinion this “issues” list *is* a wish list as it is a list of the things the AFOL community would like Lego to correct. However I am a little dissapointed in this list as it is all complaints. Not that I don’t agree with these complaints I reaaly do agree with every issue. But was’nt this list supposed to include new parts/set ideas also? Heres my additions to the “issues” list.

1) Technic models, especially the larger ones, should be far more mechanically complex. Look at the 8480 space shuttle. WOW.

2) Technic models should incorporate new functional elements like longer pneumatic actuators, new (and much more realistic) helecoptor cyclic/collective parts, synchomesh gears in more gear ratios (as of right now we only have the 16t one. The 24t one on the diff does’nt count!). The list of new funtional elements is endless (I started another thread on this subject a while ago called “technic, what happened to the good old days?” that had many more great ideas for new parts. Look at the 8880 supercar. BRILLIANT. All those new funtional parts allowing far greater funtionality than before. After all funcionality is supposed to be what technic is all about.

3) 8 wide 9 volt trains. I personally think that 8 wide is more in scale with the track than 6 wide trains. I always thought 6 wide trains looked a bit too small for the size of track.

4) Bring back the old style packaging with the trays and lift up lids and the special parts in their own little tray. I really think it makes the sets more appealing thereby increasing the sales of that set. It also keeps the instructions in one peice.

5) One catalogue released at the start of the year that foretells of all the sets that will be released in that year with the exemption of a few suprises.

6) UCS pirate ship. Not a play set like the mega blocks one but a huge 3,500+ peice detailed work of art.

7) Roller coaster with 6 wide track parts similar to those found in the PC game rollercoaster tycoon. Accessories could include more track peices, loops, corkscrew, twists, station, small camera thats fits on the front of the cars, etc.