 Ambassadors / 207
Re: The Official "Issues List"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.ambassadors
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2007 00:24:41 GMT

In lugnet.ambassadors, William R. Ward wrote:
   In lugnet.ambassadors, Ted Godwin wrote:
   In lugnet.ambassadors, William R. Ward wrote:
   I concur. But the lack of such updates should not be interpreted as victory. Just not enough work done on publicity.

Sure, but what I have been trying to say, apparently totally unsuccessfully, is that you cannot start attacking the ambassadors because they did not make it a current issue if the publicity work is so bad that someone like me (reasonably informed and a regular visitor to this forum) can have the impression that the line is no longer in imminent danger - even if that impression is not correct.

OF COURSE there are still concerns and OBVIOUSLY there is more danger than I was aware of but to describe the omission of 9V from the list of current concerns as “galling” is just wrong. It is not the ambassadors fault it dropped off the radar and now that it has been brought back to their attention I would suggest people work on a new campaign of awareness/action rather than ragging on the ambassadors who should be allies in this fight, not targets.

I guess I just expected that the ambassadors would make it their job to know what the top issues are for the LEGO community without us having to nag them.

Well, community members have been repeatedly raising all the other issues on the list...

So, should we ignore them and put saving 9V trains to number 1 regardless of what community members are actually bringing to our attention and asking us to follow up?

I guess we could, but that strikes me as being arrogant in the extreme: “Lots of community members came to us with this list of complaints, but they don’t really know what’s important, so we put this other issue straight to the top of the list”.

I’m not sure that sort of approach would be terribly well received, either.

Cheers

Richie Dulin
LEGO Ambassador